API Management Application Architect
Post Date: 07/14/2017 Job ID: 24147 Industry: Information Technology
We are looking for an API Management Application Architect for our direct client at Reston, VA. Looking for a Senior Application Architect to apply their vast experience across architecture disciplines including application, data, and infrastructure to support IT initiatives which are associated with the enterprise implementation of an API Management Platform.
The candidate must apply their knowledge of IT best practices in application, SOA, and API architectures and to define, review, and recommend IT solutions and specifications. The individual must possess the ability to analyze requirements, develop solutions and their associated specifications, and work with development teams to ensure the resulting implementations align to the defined architecture and design.
The candidate will be responsible for, but not limited to: reviewing business and technical requirements, focusing on solution development throughout the project lifecycle, supporting development and testing activities, enforcing best practices and proven patterns, and escalating architecture issues and concerns. The candidate will manage and promote the use of Fannie Mae IT standards, serve as a subject matter expert to Fannie Mae projects and provide support for project team members. The candidate will create architectures and designs, will conduct peer reviews, and will work with agile development teams during implementation.
- 10+ years of progressive experience in solution architecture, systems architecture and engineering, analysis and applications programming required.
- 8+ years of SOA and API architecture and design.
- Hands on coding and architecture required with skills in Java, J2EE, Spring, RESTful web services, JMS, JSON and XML. Development using Jersey is a plus.
- Experience developing APIs for large enterprise organization is a plus.
- Experience working with an API Gateway product, Axway API Management is highly preferred.
- Expertise in implementing complex full stack API and service-centric digital solutions including web-facing and mobile systems, API, and Micro-Services in large Enterprise organizations.
- Hands on experience leveraging object oriented design patterns, domain driven design principals, test driven development.
- Experience with financial and mortgage industry with exposure to security is a plus
- Well versed in SDLC, DevOps, and continuous delivery/continuous deployment within a large scale organization desired.
- A minimum of 8 years with performance optimizations such as improving scalability, availability, throughput, failover, etc.
- A minimum of 5 years' experience in working with AWS as a solution architect. Should be familiar with the AWS services such as EC2, Lambda, S3, ELB, Elastic Beanstalk, VPC, ElastiCache
- A minimum of 5 years in defining current and target state architectures, transition architectures and roadmaps.
- A minimum of 5 years with application servers and containers such as JBoss, Tomcat, WebLogic, Oracle Application Server.
- Familiarity with TIBCO suite of products (EMS, Business Works, and Business Events) is desirable.
- A minimum of 5 years leading architecture efforts that requires close collaboration with project teams.
- Excellent communication, presentation, and documentation skills.
- TOGAF Certification
- Mortgage Industry knowledge experience
- AWS certification
- VMware knowledge or certification