Big Data - Cloud Architect
Post Date: 05/22/2017 Job ID: 23255 Industry: Other Area(s)
Candidates can be located nationwide. Must be located near a major airport.
- Design, implement and deliver complete analytic solutions
- Own the data architecture and infrastructure.
- Architect, build and maintain high performing ETL processes, including data quality and testing
- Define and build technical/data architecture for data warehouse, data marts and big data solutions (including data and dimensional modeling)
- Develop analytics with a mind toward accuracy, scalability and high performance
- Provide technical guidance and thought leadership to other programmer analysts in the team.
- Establish lean data governance to drive data standards and data quality. Be an evangelist in the company for data-informed thinking and decision making.
- Hands-on experience with designing and implementing distributed architecture systems to tera/petabyte data handling using Open Source software.
- Expert knowledge in modern distributed architectures and compute / data analytics / storage technologies on AWS
- Advanced knowledge of a programming language such as Java/Python/Scala
- Understanding of architectural principles and design patterns / styles using parallel large-scale distributed frameworks such as Hadoop / Spark
- Deep knowledge of RDBMS (MySQL, PostgreSQL, SQL Server) and NoSQL databases such as HBase, Vertica, MongoDB, DynamoDB, Cassandra
- Demonstrates broad knowledge of technical solutions, design patterns, and code for medium/complex applications deployed in Hadoop production.
- Knowledge of working in UNIX environment with good amount of shell scripting and python experience. Knowledge in spring, Core Java, MapReduce.
- Hands on experience designing, developing, and maintaining software solutions in Hadoop Production cluster.
- Experience in architecting and building data warehouse systems and BI systems including ETL.
- Outstanding analytical skills, excellent team player and delivery mindset.
- Experience in performance troubleshooting, SQL optimization, and benchmarking.
- Strong architectural experience in context of deploying cloud-based data solutions.
- Thorough understanding of service-oriented architectures and data processing in high-volume applications.
- Full SDLC experience (requirements gathering through production deployment).