Business Analyst - Capital Markets
Washington, District Of Columbia
Post Date: 07/07/2017 Job ID: 24016 Industry: Information Technology
Kavaliro is looking for a Senior Business Analyst with Capital Markets experience to work with our direct client in Washington, DC. This is an IMMEDIATE NEED!
Referrals are welcome and a fee of up to $1, 000 will be provided if hired.
Sr. Business Analyst
Responsible for leading the functional requirements gathering team. The candidate works directly with internal customers to understand the business environment and needs. Identifies relevant design, process and specification issue. Candidate needs to participate in system test and UAT with hands-on experience of test automation tool.
Day to Day Activities:
- Perform business analysis in Asset, Debts and Derivative valuation; write business and functional requirements;
- Work with other work streams to develop business requirements as regards to securitization and other Capital Markets initiatives;
- Coordinate UAT testing efforts across technology, quality assurance and business teams; participate in test planning and execution; update automated test scripts
- and validate result;
- Use SQL and/or other database tools and Excel to analyze data and provide reports;
- Coordinate and lead end-to-end integration testing with other work streams;
- Assist the project manager to provide status reports, and work with other team members on other ad-hoc requests and/or assets pricing.
Asset Mark To Market (Internal Application for Capital Markets Pricing)
Quality Center/HP ALM
Oracle SQL Tool
QTP or UFT
Must Have Skills:
- Good understanding of fixed-income pricing concepts (Securities, Loans, Debt and Derivatives), securitization, financial modeling, and also possess experience with documenting business requirements and testing results;
- Take a proactive approach to understanding the functionality of debt and derivative pricing systems with minimal guidance from business users and technology leads;
- Strong SQL and analytical and problem solving skills;
- Strong Excel and data analysis skills;
- Ensure that the user acceptance testing of the pricing systems complies with the company' s software development life cycle (SDLC) and SOX guidelines.
Preferred skills, but not required:
VBA, XML, UNIX and scripting experience is a plus
QTP or UFT is a plus
High volume of data manipulation, comparison and data analysis.
3+ years of relevant major bank or financial institution experience
Security and loan valuation knowledge
Excellent communication skills are required.