Saint Louis, Missouri
Post Date: 05/25/2017 Job ID: 23303 Industry: Other Area(s)
- Under indirect and intermittent supervision, to do all levels of drafting work on which the general design has been established, on construction and rehabilitation projects on transmission substations, service buildings and other Company transmission properties; and to do related work as required. In the connection to perform details of work, such as:
- Prepare finished drawings from preliminary designs, diagrams, layouts, sketches, notes, specifications, or verbal instructions.
- Make study drawings or assist with the drawings of equipment arrangements and details, foundation, structures or other civil/structural drawings in the development of a construction project.
- Make simple calculations or use tables or determine clearances, volumes, conduit sizes, etc.
- Prepare schedules, bills of materials, etc.
- Occasionally, check drawings of other Civil/Structural Designer I or CAD Technicians.
- Assist in department training program as a mentor, trainer or other assigned by supervision.
- Occasionally, obtain detailed information in the field, usually accompanied by Supervisor, Civil/Structural Designer II or others.
- Maintain and update information in the electronic drawing management system.
- Graduation from high school or the equivalent.
- Possess and maintain a valid driver’ s license.
- Two years as a CAD Technician or three years outside the Company in CAD related work.
- Satisfactory completion of an Associate’ s Degree in in design drafting, computer aided drafting or other drafting technology at an accredited university, college or junior college.
- Satisfactory completion of at least 9 credit hours in the field of structural/civil design, civil/structural engineering or other study of civil/structural technology at an accredited university, college or junior college.