CI-CD Automation Support Engineer
Post Date: 06/19/2017 Job ID: 23701 Industry: Engineering
Software Engineers perform requirements analysis. They then design, develop or maintain the physical application (components) or the application environment, based on the Software Architecture (models and principles). Activities include coding, integrating, implementing, installing or changing frameworks and standard components, or technical and functional application management. A Software Engineer also develops languages, methods, frameworks and tools, and/or undertakes activities in support of server-based databases in development, test and production environments.
Required Skills and Experience:
You are an experienced Software Engineer. You have received training and mastered at least one technology environment. You are good at elaborating technology areas and have an ability to position them within the scope of an overall project. You are a member of at least one community.
• Qualification: Minimum 3 years experience, Bachelor’ s Degree.
• Certification: Should have or seeking SE Level 1.
• Should have progressing knowledge in Business Analysis, Business Knowledge, Software Engineering, Testing, Data Management, Architecture Knowledge and Technical Solution Design.
Application Support Engineers will be responsible for the 24x7 monitoring, troubleshooting, incident command, implementing and the performance of LOB applications. The Application Support Engineers function as technical escalation point for critical production issues and drive escalation/resolution of problems working with several IT teams. Key responsibilities include:
• Construction and implementation of Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery (CI/CD) processes.
• Drive continuous improvement in areas of Development, QA, and Release Management
• Foster collaboration across functional teams including Development, Infra, and Operations looking for and implementing changes to facilitate faster deployments, shorter lead times in releases.
• Innovate and design industry leading technology solutions to promote agility in the IaaS/PaaS stack
• Assist in automating development, QA and release management tasks
25% Manage, build and evolve CI/CD pipelines for LOB applications
65% Support design, development, deployment, and maintenance of multi-tiered web applications.
10% Drive Continuous Improvement activities in Application Lifecycle
Hands on experience in troubleshooting and resolving hardware and software in critical systems. Background in configuration, test, and optimization of production application in Linux and Microsoft platforms. Experience with Splunk highly desired with understanding of build configuration tools, such as Jenkins, Bitbucket, Chef and Puppet. Application development experience supporting IIS, Tomcat, Jboss, Apache, or Nginx deisred with background in languages: .Net or Java. Experience with debugging using one or more of the following: Visual Studio, Windbg, and Netmon/Wireshark. Understanding and use system monitoring tools also desired with background ing AppDynamics, Keynote, Splunk, Docker
Resource will be a individual contributor, with the key responsibility of building and managing the Continuous Delivery and Deployment pipeline for assigned LOB applications. The role will enusre the succesful deployment of new features, fixes, and enhancements to LOB applications within it scope.
The role will collaborate extensively with all participants in the software lifecyle, be a key face and understand IT-Business relationshop, and must possess excellent presentation and communication skills.
Role will be responsible for the complex end-to-end lifecycle of innovation within the clients IT and Business innovation lifecycle. The role will be expected to provide technical and operational leadership to other departments and teams to:
• Develop a software release promotion process to efficiently ship quality software
• Implement Continuous Integration/Continuous Delivery automation.
• Deploy automation of code builds and deployments
Resource will be responsible for the delivery of large-scale, complex projects often involving multiple internal and external teams in cloud and on-