Post Date: 06/07/2017 Job ID: 23485 Industry: Other Area(s)
The Sr. Corporate Accountant provides support to the accounting staff and reports to the Assistant Corporate Controller. This role assists with the successful preparation and delivery of accurate financial information. The successful candidate will be able to support and meet the following responsibilities and requirements of the position.
- Timely and accurate review of journal entries and miscellaneous invoices to ensure proper posting.
- Support accounting staff through appropriate guidance for accounting entries based on items notated during journal entry review and/or through direct questions from accounting staff.
- Assist with interim audit and year end closing, including journal entries, back up information to support account balances and audit request completion as assigned.
- Prepare Yellow Book (GAGAS) and Green Book (ACH) for review and assist with Shareholder Supplement preparation.
- Facilitate the timely completion of bank compliance calculations/documents and review this information for accuracy by predetermined due dates.
- Assist with the planning/budgeting process, including facilitating the completion of the Corporate Division budget/plan for preparation and presentation for management review.
- Provide backup to the Corporate Accountants and DAX Accountant. Microsoft Dynamics AX support as directed.
- Review and finalize the Land and Corporate Division monthly satellite package, year-end package, budget, and forecasts.
- 5+ years of experience in Accounting or Auditing
- Bachelor degree in Accounting. CPA Lic. Preferred.
- Proficient in Microsoft Word and Excel