Client Site Edgewood, MD 21040
Senior Cost Analyst
Support Location: Edgewood, MD – On-site
Clearance: Active Secret
Kavaliro has an immediate need for a Senior Cost Analyst with an Active Secret clearance.
10 years with Bachelors OR 12 years with Associates or Professional Certificate
6 years with Bachelors OR 8 years with Associates or Professional Certificate
* Certified Management Accountant (CMA) (within 1 year)
Performance Based Tasks Required
- The contractor shall review cost estimates using Automated Cost Estimating Integrated Tool (ACEIT) software and apply tasks to the IMS/schedules as required.
- The contractor shall gather, compare, and correlate prior year and current year expenditures and conduct trend analyses to establish baseline budgetary data for inclusion in the budget estimating process.
- The contractor shall develop linkages from the Integrated Master Schedule (IMS) to the program’ s work breakdown structure (WBS), cost estimation system (CES), and organizational breakdown structure. In addition, the contractor shall assist in development of a WBS-to-CES alignment dictionary.
- The contractor shall execute earned value management analysis and assessments as required to support the Systems and Product Managers (PdMs).
- The contractor shall ensure acquisition strategies and plans are in compliance with Better Buying Power guidance and processes. In addition, the contractor shall gather, compare, propose, and develop Better Buying Power initiatives.
- The contractor shall ensure acquisition strategies and plans are in compliance with Will Cost guidance and processes. In addition, the contractor shall assist with Will Cost schedule based positions.
- The contractor shall create and update a resource-loaded schedule baseline/IMS that incorporates major schedule activities of the functional areas of the A&RS program office to develop project spend plans. The contractor shall use the IMS to provide spend plan forecasts.
- The contractor shall review finance documents and conduct financial and schedule-based analyses based on the IMS in support of acquisition documentation (e.g., milestone decision approval cost estimates, Acquisition Program Baselines (APBs), acquisition strategies, Life Cycle Cost Estimates (LCCEs), etc.).
- The contractor shall defend team schedule estimates to the Product Manager (PdM).
- The contractor shall organize periodic IMS execution reviews involving all program performers.
- The contractor shall provide information on IMS execution status to the PdM and provide analysis of schedule variances to determine the IMS execution status of the overall program. In addition, the contractor shall develop program-level schedule execution reports, which provide the level of detail appropriate for the PdM.
- The contractor shall be able to contribute to and evaluate data from Automated Cost Estimating Integrated Tools (ACE-IT), Joint Analysis of Cost and Schedule (JACS), Risk Recon, and Microsoft Project software.
- The contractor shall evaluate risk probabilities and the corresponding expected impacts (from Risk Recon), and opportunity probabilities and the corresponding expected benefits, to program schedules.
- The contractor shall lead the IMS Working Integrated Product team (WIPT) to collect monthly schedule execution status reports from all program performers.
- The contractor shall attend and participate in cost WIPTs (i.e., preparing agendas, scheduling meetings, briefing during the meetings, identifying and resolving issues, making sound and timely recommendations to facilitate decision-making, preparing minutes, providing action follow-up, and making recommendations to Governmenent leads regarding cost impacts).
- The contractor shall ensure product teams are aware of deadlines, assignments, and objectives.
- The contractor shall maintain awareness of program execution and milestones, as well as their corresponding strategic impacts.
- The contractor shall manage, participate in, and provide input to program functional Integrated Product Teams (IPTs), Integrated Product Reviews (IPRs), milestone decisions, and program updates.
- The contractor shall migrate, archive, and maintain electronic program files in appropriate SharePoint locations.