Cyber Security Solutions Engineer
Post Date: 06/19/2017 Job ID: 23761 Industry: Other Area(s)
Kavaliro seeks a Senior Cyber Security Solutions Engineer for a contract position with our client. The operations analyst has a hands-on role with a combination of developer, information technology and security skills.
- They will work within a fast-paced, Agile and waterfall project management environment, collaborating with cyber security architects, engineers and various technology teams across business units to implement security solutions.
- Prior experience working with security teams is desirable.
- Successful candidates will be a self-starters, a creative problem solver who has great attention to detail and willingness to learn new technologies.
- This resource will be responsible for the successful implementation, hardening, operation of production and test systems supporting security solutions during the proof of concept and early production phases.
- Experience with TCP/IP networking (e.g. subnetting, routing, vlans, etc.), network services/protocols (e.g. smtp, ntp, ssh, sftp, http, etc.)
- Experience running systems on Amazon Web Services (AWS)
- Hands-on experience with administering operating systems (e.g. Linux, Unix, Windows) and Windows Services (e.g. Active Directory, LDAP, etc.)
- Experience with software development using languages Ruby and Java (or PowerShell, Python,)
- Knowledge of relational database systems and concepts (SQL Server, MySQL, PostgreSQL, etc.)
- Knowledge of information security practices, tools, and techniques
- Willingness to independently research and learn new technologies to support security solution design
- Excellent written, verbal and presentation communications skills