Data Analyst/ Modeler
4000 Wisconsin Avenue Washington, District Of Columbia 20016
Data Analyst/ Modeler
This is a full-time position working onsite to conduct data analysis and document data requirements for financial modeling systems. Candidate will identify and document data requirements, definitions, data dependencies and relevant business rules. Position will develop data requirements through various methods including individual and group discussions, independent data analysis and by extracting from a suite of mathematical functions and code. Position will also develop data models, data dictionaries, event models, CRUD matrix, or other artifacts. Position will engage with enterprise data architecture to adhere to corporate data standards. Position will promote productive relationships between stakeholders and technology partners, providing clarity & ensuring processes are streamlined. 4 years of experience needed.
• Growth rate, loss forecast, credit expense forecast and revenue forecast
Must have’ s skills:
• Technical skills: Oracle, stored procedures & advanced querying.
• Ability to document highly complex data processing
• Ability extract data requirements through various methods including individual and group discussions, independent data analysis and by extracting from a suite of mathematical functions and code.
• Confer with business units and technical staff to understand data usage, lineage and attributes.
• Bachelor degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Math, Finance, Economics or related field
• Contribute to initiatives development cycle, providing guidance for the structure, storage and forms in which data are stored, retrieved, and represented.
Preferred skills, but not required:
• Big Data (Netezza, Cloud)
• Secondary mortgage, finance or economics knowledge or experience.
What is the ideal background or industry experience needed:
• Computer science, data mining, information systems, math or related background.
What non-technical skills: i.e. communication, writing, presentation:
• Excellent communication skills (written and verbal)
• Promote productive relationships between stakeholders and technology partners, providing clarity & ensuring processes are streamlined.
1. Strong Data analyst needed to proceed data analysis, consolidate date sets, extract data, have data modeling skills.
2. Advanced Oracle / SQL skills, ( Big Data: Netezza and/or Hadoop are huge plus)
3. Comfortable working different data sources; along with be able to understand in put and out put of applications and look for variances within the data