Data Analyst II with finance experience
Post Date: 03/01/2017 Job ID: 21921 Industry: Information Technology
Kavaliro is looking for a Data Analyst to work with our direct client in Herndon, VA. The right candidate will have expertise with Excel (VBA not necessary), Oracle and strong knowledge of financial terminology. TOAD or PL/SQL experience is desirable. This is an immediate need! See below for additional details:
- Team Overview: The Data Governance team is responsible for setting data standards for the new data infrastructure being built. This includes building and maintaining a business glossary that will feed a data warehouse and data mart for all loan and underwriting data terms and concepts, ensuring that we have a streamlined end-to-end infrastructure, and that the proper quality controls are in place.
- Day to Day Job Responsibilities: The Data Analyst will be asked to perform in roles than can be categorized in two buckets:
- 1. Daily DQ Analysis: Perform daily credit metric Data Quality analysis on SF and MF loan transactions. This entails maintaining a Microsoft Excel tool which interprets a large amount of rules from underwriting standards documentation in order to generate expected values for large sets of data, as well as logs which are used to track and communicate the status of changes, and to report trend analysis. This role also requires effective communication with internal and external business customers in order to facilitate needed data changes.
- 2. Database Querying: In addition to this transactional work, this resource will be asked to query a variety of Oracle databases, and interpret and analyze the data in a way that helps Data Governance decision making.
- The ideal candidate is someone who is pro-active, thorough and detail-oriented, an effective communicator (both verbal and in writing), and able to excel both independently and through collaboration.
- Desired skill sets include the ability to maintain and manage large sets of complex data in Microsoft Excel (VBA knowledge not required), as well as the ability to query databases (Oracle, TOAD, PL/SQL)and interpret and explain the data in useful ways.
- Multifamily data/operations/finance/underwriting background desired but not required. Basic understanding of real estate credit metrics, underwriting, and general secondary mortgage market concepts desired.