Data Center Applications Architect
Post Date: 03/01/2017 2017-03-01 Job ID: 22006 Industry: Information Technology
- Execute the architecture plans for a major application migration project for a large manufacturing company to transfer applications from a legacy data center into a cutting edge technology data center.
- Analyze application portfolio to create application migration groups.
- Contribute to application design, development, and deployment strategy for private cloud and public cloud.
- Assist with management of onshore and offshore teams to perform analysis, remediation, and application migration activities.
- Design the migration factory.
- Experience with application modernization is preferred
- Ability to provide advice for cloud application development, cloud application deployment, private versus public cloud options, virtualization, containerization, and DevOps
- Ability to describe data center service framework design
- Ability to discover application characteristics of mainframe, midrange, and Wintel applications that will help define migration groups
- Experience assessing applications and application architecture
- Prepare a technical and architecture plan to achieve the stated goal and adjust the plans according to progress and interdependencies
- Understand data center migration strategy and key components of a data center migration
- Experience with ITIL framework is preferred
- Experience with application modernization is preferred Using problem-solving, critical thinking skills, and independent thinking to overcome