Data Center Solutions Architect
Post Date: 03/01/2017 2017-03-01 Job ID: 22003 Industry: Information Technology
- Design the architecture for a major application migration project for a large manufacturing company to transfer applications from a legacy data center into a cutting edge technology data center.
- Provide front line representation of the project to C-level executives. Analyze application portfolio to create application migration groups.
- Define application design, development, and deployment strategy for private cloud and public cloud.
- Direct onshore and offshore teams to perform analysis, remediation, and application migration activities.
- Design the migration factory.
- Ability to communicate with C-level executives about project status and overall project vision
- Experience managing 10+ teams, define KPIs for the project activities, and measure the teams progress against defined KPIs
- Ability to provide expert strategic advice for cloud application development, cloud application deployment, private versus public cloud options, virtualization, containerization, and DevOps
- Ability to describe data center service framework design
- Ability to provide expert strategic advice for data center migration strategy and key components of a data center migration Ability to discover application characteristics of mainframe, midrange, and Wintel applications that will help define migration groups
- Experience assessing applications and application architecture
- Prepare a technical and architecture plan to achieve the stated goal and adjust the plans according to progress and interdependencies
- Provide cross-vendor communication in a multi-vendor project
- Experience with ITIL framework