Database Automation Developer
San Francisco or Novato, California
Our client has an immediate 6 month contract-to-hire opportunity for a Database AutomationDeveloper - please send your resume to me if you are a match - I can set up an interview ASAP! Send to Anthony at firstname.lastname@example.org
POSITION: Database Automation Developer
LOCATION: San Francisco, CA (can be remote as long as you can come into office on occasion)
The cloud operations team is looking for an experienced, smart, energetic software developer to take our enterprise cloud based automation to the next level. The successful candidate will have a Computer Science or related degree, excellent problem solving skills, and strong development experience including source code control, testing, and deployment methodologies. Experience with SQL Server and Windows administration is strongly desired. A background in project management is a plus. Any candidate with practical experience in machine learning and self-healing technologies is a huge bonus.
- Design, develop, and maintain an automation system for creating, controlling, and maintaining a fleet of clustered servers in the cloud.
- Design, develop, and maintain automation for installation, configuration, and operation of SQL Server and other database management systems on cloud based servers.
- Interact with other teams to troubleshoot, address shortcomings, and meet general operational needs in support of the business.
- SQL Server database administration and tuning.
- Windows O.S. management and tuning.
- Advance our knowledge and abilities in machine learning and self-healing systems.
- Background in computer science including data structures, algorithms, heuristics.
- Development skills such as source code control, debugging, code base management, encapsulation, and software development methodologies.
- Ability to develop with object-oriented, functional, and scripting languages, specifically PowerShell.
- Strong problem solving skills and ability to learn new technologies quickly.
- Self-starting and self-directed.
- Able to work comfortably and contribute significantly in a team environment.
- Communicate ideas and knowledge in a meaningful way to people with skills in areas other than computer science.
- Database administration
- Experience with Amazon Web services
- Knowledge of Linux/Unix
- Experience with storage systems
- Big data or machine learning.