Deskside Support Manager
1 Innovation Way, Ste B Woodland Park, CO 80863 US
- Manage all IT Help Desk related needs, initiatives and operation
- Manage and monitor Help Desk projects and activities related to the IT Help Desk department in a timely manner and provide periodic progress reports to the IT Operations Manager
- Meet regularly with Help Desk staff to define, develop and review goals, initiatives and challenges regarding the IT Help Desk department
- Responsible for managing the IT Help Desk department staff; including hiring, training, evaluation, guidance, discipline and development of staff
- Provide support to the IT Operations Manager on all related IT department development efforts
- Manage the development and documentation of Help Desk policies, procedures, workflows (SLAs) and standardizations
- Proactively reach out to other departments to understand and help facilitate all IT needs and initiatives.
- Manage/maintain a current inventory of all technical assets in relation to the current users of those assets
- Prioritize and coordinate with other IT department Managers/Supervisors on tasks and projects
- Other tasks as needed
- B.S. in Computer Science or 8+ years of increasing IT Administration and Management responsibility in a multi-system, multi-platform environment
- Experience managing and leading a Help Desk Department in a multi-site international company
- Proven IT process improvement and documentation skills
- Ability and willingness to work evenings and weekends as needed
- 6+ years combined experience in technical support, backups, data protection, emergency recovery, telephony VOIP systems, Office 365, budgeting, purchasing/budget and help desk management
- Good understanding in supporting Office 365, Windows and MAC operating systems, ticketing systems, Active Directory, protection, disaster recovery plans, backups, antivirus and print servers
- IT Department structure and planning experience within a multi-site international organization as it relates to defining and providing organizational solutions, staff and support infrastructure to meet the technology requirements defined by department types, sizes and job roles
- Managing daily help desk operations including analyzing workflow, developing standards and procedures, ensuring projects are progressing, creating/managing budgets, negotiating contracts, and prioritizing deadlines with an emphasis on aligning with firm objectives
- Ability to write technical job descriptions and interview applicants for different roles within the Help Desk Department
- Thorough knowledge of ManageEngine a plus
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with Helpdesk Technicians and other department managers/supervisors
- Ability to handle a wide variety of duties with minimal supervision
- Managing, developing, administering and supporting a Windows/MAC Help Desk environment across multiple sites
- Managing corporate wide projects from conception to completion
- Developing IT job descriptions and hiring/managing Help Desk staff for different skill levels
- Managing IT budget/purchases
- Managing 4 or more staff
What to expect when working with Kavaliro
Just like with our clients, we build our process to meet each individual candidate s needs. Our recruiters take the time to listen to your career goals and ambitions, then work one-on-one with you to help place you in a company that provides the best professional fit.
Call us with a detailed overview of your experience, skills, background, and goals. If you are local and prefer, we will set up a face-to-face interview.
You will be asked to complete an online assessment form to assess your skill level. At the same time, your references will be checked.
Your Kavaliro recruiter will discuss and review potential job opportunities.
When you and your recruiter agree on a potential match, you ll be briefed with helpful insight into the client s needs.
When you begin your employment tenure with the client, Kavaliro will continue to be there to support you in your career.
More From Kavaliro
We ve been in the staffing business for over 10 years because we receive great satisfaction helping both companies and job candidates find their perfect match.Meet our team
Life at Kavaliro
We take culture seriously and believe true strength comes from a collaborative and open-minded environment where everyone is supported and empowered to succeed.Learn more
Careers at Kavaliro
If you want to always have your finger on the pulse of the latest and newest trends in staffing and recruiting, join the Kavaliro team!See internal opportunities
We offer guidance on resume revisions, clarifying your career objectives, and other advice to help you land your dream job.Visit our blog