Energy System Electrician
Post Date: 02/28/2017 Job ID: 21984 Industry: Other Area(s)
Energy System Electrician
Contract Duration: Mar 2017 - 2018
JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES :
- Maintain the following:
· RTU installations, troubleshooting and maintenance of GE type D20, D20 MX, Dart, I-B0X, Schweitzer RTAC.
· Maintain the following Protocols used in our RTUs: CDC Types 1 & 2, Boeing, DNP3, Conitel 300, GYR 8979, Schweitzer Relay Protocol and MODBUS, 61850.
· Tone Relay equipment maintenance and testing, types RFL6745, RFL9745, RFL 9700, GE Type 20, GE type 30
· Power Line Carrier equipment.
· Digital Fault Recorder System.
· Automatic Generator Control. (AGC)
· Back-up Telemetering all Power Plant, Tie Line and Cogeneration locations.
· Tavrida OCR installations and maintenance.
· ABB & Cooper OCR controller (approx. 30 sites)
· Batteries and Battery Chargers installation and maintenance.
· Programmable Logic Controllers (PLC’ s).
· Luft Weather Stations installation and maintenance.
· RTU sites using 900 MHz radio communications, Installation and maintenance of antennas and hard lines.
· Fiber Optic equipment used in Data Concentrator and Split RTU applications, DYMEC fiber converters.
· Transducers installation, repair and calibration for substations and power plants.
· Maintain all the above hardware to the component level whenever possible.
REQUIRED PREVIOUS EXPERIENCE:
· Work with ECC Engineering in developing and testing new D20 RTU / RTAC Configurations and applications.
· Build, test and install RTU’ s for new installations.
· Work with other departments such as Telecommunications, Substation Operations and Engineering, Power Plant, and Meter Operations to resolve problems.
· Work with neighboring Utilities on RTU, Tone Relay, Power Line Carrier and Telemetry metering equipment.
· Work with Co-generator customers on various problems.
· Employee must be competent and demonstrate through formal and practical evaluation an understanding of and the ability to troubleshoot state-of-the-art digital and analog electronics equipment to the circuit board level. Employee must also be competent and demonstrate through formal and practical evaluation, an understanding of and ability to troubleshoot the required field control systems and/or the master station control systems.
· Must have IDC Technologies Certificate in Programmable Logic Controllers (PLSCs) and SCADA Systems, or achieve this certification within one (1) year to stay in classification.
· Must have Associate in Science (A.S.) in Electronics Degreee from a state accredited institution.