Engineering/Construction Project Manager
Post Date: 06/20/2017 Job ID: 23792 Industry: Other Area(s)
• Manage the entire project execution process for assigned major capital projects
• Support the corporate Engineering, Creative Development and Entertainment disciplines throughout all phases of project development.
• Lead project stakeholders and external design professionals in a collaborative effort to advance projects from approved conceptual designs through final scope definition, completion of bid and construction documents, bidding, construction, start? up and commissioning.
• Assume ownership of overall project execution including budget, schedule, scope, and design intent from preliminary concept approval through project completion.
• Oversee and direct external design & engineering consultants throughout the project development process.
• Collaborate with staff to establish and incorporate end user criteria.
• Maintain project budgets and schedules while preserving design intent and project scope.
• Perform QA/QC review of project documentation.
• Scrutinize bid and construction documents to ensure established design criteria
• Analyze constructability and develop and implement project execution strategies.
• Collaborate with staff to identify and pre-qualify bidders for all anticipated bid packages.
• Develop Scope of Work and RFP’ s for specialty trades requiring extensive design scrutiny.
• Monitor contractors’ ongoing activities to ensure compliance with contract documents, design intent, and expectations of end users.
• Coordinate all project and construction activity, including startup and commissioning, to minimize impact on ongoing operations and ensure all agreed requirements are met.
• Oversee and execute all aspects of contract administration including; change management & control, cost forecasting and reporting, safety management, environmental oversight, scheduling, tracking, material management & procurement, and overall quality control.
• Position is responsible for the execution of assigned major capital projects as approved.
• Position reports to Corporate Engineering. On a project, specific basis, Position collaborates with the Sr. Director, and Vice President of Engineering & Maintenance to ensure all stakeholder needs are appropriately addressed.
• Position is accountable for strict adherence to established project budgets & schedules.
Position requires some travel
- Minimum ten years combined experience in architecture, engineering, project management, and/or maintenance;
- Bachelor of Science degree in Architecture, Construction Management, Civil, Structural, Mechanical, or Electrical Engineering, or other related discipline.
- Excellent communication skills – oral and written. Strong organizational skills.
- The ability to analyze complex issues and develop effective plans and strategies.
- The ability to effectively lead a diverse group of design, engineering and construction professionals, and flourish in a highly collaborative environment.
- Technical & functional knowledge of the means and methods of construction.
- The ability to multitask and manage multiple major projects simultaneously.
- Additional desired attributes include some or all the following:
- Functional knowledge of site utility distribution systems & equipment.
- Functional knowledge of all building systems including mechanical, electrical, plumbing, HVAC, water filtration, fire protection, etc.
- Functional knowledge of entertainment media and related specialty systems.
- Knowledge of and sensitivity to the intrinsic value of the environment