Enterprise Support Engineer
Post Date: 06/01/2017 Job ID: 23375 Industry: Information Technology
Our client has an excellent opportunity for an Enterprise Support Engineer with strong knowledge of SCCM (Micrososft System Center & Configuration Manager). This is a Full Time Permanent opportunity in Santa Rosa, CA.
Please only apply if you have SCCM experience quantified on your resume. Please apply directly here, or email resume to AJ: firstname.lastname@example.org
1) User Support - Provide end-user support via phone, e-mail or in person for all information systems hardware, software and telecom devices in order to improve the end user’ s productivity. Review and test deployment updates using System Center Configuration Manager (SCCM).
2) IT Operations – Recommend and develop IT tools and processes in order to improve and streamline IT procedures. Establish quality assurance testing and application configurations using manual and automated testing tools. Develop, document and publish troubleshooting procedures within the knowledge base. Identify and track problem patterns and develop proactive solutions. Leads and collaborates with peers in coordinating, responding and implementing responses to IT infrastructure audit findings.
3) Vendor Engagement – Work with contracted vendors including coordination of on-site visits, scope of work performed, development of maintenance procedures and SOW adherence evaluation.
4) Installation of New Hardware and Software - Install, upgrade, configure, troubleshoot, test and monitor new information systems hardware and software. Provide Association staff with training and related documentation on new information systems hardware and software. Document installation and operating procedures. Lead in research, testing and evaluation of new information systems technologies and making recommendations to management.
5) Asset Administration - Maintain information systems hardware and software inventory as well as software license monitoring utilizing asset management software tools. Determine and administer asset refresh cycles. Maintain the Associations computing environment with up to date software patches and other updates.
6) Telephone/Mobile Device Administration - Assist with administration of the Association' s telephone and voice-mail systems including mobile devices, setup, troubleshooting and coordinating support with outside vendors.
TYPICAL EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
1) BA/BS degree, with emphasis on computer science, management information systems or business; or equivalent.
2) At least 5 years of related experience; demonstrated proficiency and utilizing best practices in Enterprise Information Systems.
3) Extensive knowledge of personal computer hardware, mobile devices, and software packages including Microsoft Windows 7/10 operating systems, Microsoft Office suite, databases, e-mail, and other programs including cloud based applications and services. Experience with diagnostic and troubleshooting, including using remote control tools to support remote users. Assist in administration of core business applications.
4) Must be well versed in resolving all common computer problems including viruses, spyware, slow performance, errors, software application installation and configuration, wireless networks and peripheral problems. Analyze root cause problems and execute corrective action. Coordinate with Enterprise Infrastructure staff to resolve technical issues.
5) Experience with Server operating systems, active directory, domain controllers, DNS and DHCP, local-area network and wide-area network communications systems and their components. Internet and intranet technologies, cloud computing and computer security and data protection.
6) Experience with computer Imaging, backup software and asset tracking / Inventory management.
7) Excellent verbal, written, analytical, presentation, and interpersonal skills.
8) Ability to work independently and as a team member under tight deadlines and changing priorities.
9) Ability to assist technically in challenging situations and resolve issues
10) Travel required in performance of job
- 10+ years of experience with PC support, including deployment preferred
- SCCM: imaging, patching of end points, pushing out new apps, reporting
- Ability to follow written and verbal instructions
- Adaptable to change in process or required activities
- Attention to detail and quick learner
- Professional appearance and behavior, including punctuality