Post Date: 07/12/2017 Job ID: 24099 Industry: Other Area(s)
Kavaliro seeks a Facilities Specialist for a contract opportunity with our direct client in Reston VA
Position Purpose: Provide facility services in multiple Metro DC buildings to support use of the facilities for business and special events. Manage contractors providing services.
Develop, implement, document, and ensure adherence to practices and procedures. Recommend updates and improvements to facilities. Provide coaching to a developing Facility Manager.
Key Job Functions:
- Manage day-to-day activities related to facilities services such as HVAC issues, light facility improvement projects, grounds maintenance, building maintenance, and equipment maintenance
- Confer with corporate and business unit managers to determine scope and method of facilities services required
- Conduct QA and energy audits of the facilities and grounds
- Perform root cause analysis on facility issues for both equipment and process
- Organize and Prioritize facility corrections, repairs, and improvements
- Identify and implement best practices and procedures for pertinent facilities service functions. Identify opportunities to streamline and automate. Improve efficiencies to reduce costs
- Manage all service contractors and related procurement needs
- Collaborate with other Facilities staff and management concerned with security, building systems, and maintenance and with business unit management concerning special events, large moves, occupancy issues, and the like
- Coordinate and administer assignments, monitor contractor progress, and maintain schedules. Develop team members and provide ongoing professional guidance and direction