Functional Project Manager with infrastructure experience
Post Date: 05/01/2017 Job ID: 22948 Industry: Information Technology
Kavaliro is looking for a functional Project Manager with strong vendor management, negotiation and communication skills to work with our direct client in Reston, VA. Infrastructure experience with phone systems, connections, switches, servers, etc. is a strong plus. Experience in the finance and mortgage industries is also highly desired.
This is an immediate need! See below for additional details.
- The candidate will be the company liaison to the vendors doing the phone system install and/or other infrastructure projects related to business communications.
- More of an execution role with lots of vendor interaction requiring excellent client facing and negotiation skills.
- Will need to “ push back” at times with the vendors to keep the project on task.
- Typical Project Manager responsibilities such as, scheduling, taking minutes, status updates, budgeting, etc.
- This is not a technical position, but familiarity with the SDLC and infrastructure terminology is preferred.
- Strong personality with high interaction and negotiation skills. Ability to stand outside the door if needed.
- Strong typical PM skills (Certification preferred)
- Knowledge of infrastructure and SDLC. (familiar with terminology and concepts. This is NOT a Technical PM position.
- Prior GSE/Mortgage/Finance experience is strongly preferred.
- Bachelor’ s degree
- 6-10 years of overall experience.