IS Security Analyst
Columbia, South Carolina
Post Date: 01/17/2017 Job ID: 20885 Industry: Other Area(s)
We are currently looking for security professionals to perform daily monitoring and review of security events. These individuals will be expected to keep up with the cyber threat landscape in order to rapidly identify potential threats and work with the senior staff to ensure that security tools are properly tuned. Security analysts represent the first line of defense and must be able to execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
• Analyze security events to determine if the events qualify as a legitimate security incident.
• Perform network incident investigations, determining the cause of the security incident and take steps to contain and eradicate the threat.
• Interface with technical personnel and other teams as required
• Appropriately inform and advise management on incidents.
• Participate in knowledge sharing with other analysts and engineers as needed.
• Understanding of system and network security, incident management, intrusion detection, log analysis, and related technologies.
• Incident response experience in a medium to large sized enterprise.
• Experience interpreting and acting on cyber threat intelligence.
• Strong analytical, data gathering and problem solving skills with experience analyzing network attacks.
• Strong Information Security background as well as a strong technical IT background.
• Familiarity with information security best practices.
• Creativity to recognize and address new threats and security challenges as they arise.
Would also like:
• Knowledge of Networking protocols and technologies, e.g. TCP/IP, Firewalls, Routers, etc.
• Knowledge of Security principles, techniques and technologies.
• Understanding the technical aspects of the Information Security.
• Experience with Security Information and Event Management tools like ArcSight, Splunk, etc.
• Security related certifications.