Post Date: 06/07/2017 Job ID: 23486 Industry: Other Area(s)
The IT Director is responsible for the overall planning, organizing, and execution of IT Infrastructure functions across the company enterprise. Infrastructure includes, but is not limited to, servers, networking, connectivity hardware and software, and user devices and applications. This position also manages all employees of the department and is responsible for the performance management and hiring of the employees within the department.
The IT Director’ s primary responsibilities:
- Directing IT operations to meet business and customer requirements
- Maintaining the support, maintenance and security of existing applications.
- Developing and maintaining a user support model that provides a high quality of customer service to all users
- Provide support to the software applications implementation team.
- Essential functions of the position include analyzing business needs and requirements presented by the business units, user community, and/or clients and recommending technical solutions, including:
- Ensuring the consistency and maintainability of existing infrastructure by creating, maintaining, and enforcing standards/procedures for implementing technical solutions.
- Directing tech team in executing production tasks per a documented schedule that meets or exceeds customer expectations.
- Producing detailed project plan and time line for implementation of new and /or upgraded technologies.
- Directing and prioritizing the work load of subordinate personnel.
- Approve all business requirements prior to the purchase of technical solutions.
- Participate on all hardware and system software evaluations and maintains vendor contracts.
- Directing education programs for IT staff.
- Performing liaison duties between IT and users of all business units.
- Support Sr. Director of Technology in ERP and other software projects
Competencies will need to include:
- Recent Experience with the latest Microsoft and related software technologies
- Experience with current and trending hardware and networking equipment
- Business Acumen
- Strategic Thinking
- Customer/Client Focus
- Project Management, preferably in large hardware and software applications implementation
Required Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’ s Degree in Computer Science or related field/experience
- Master’ s Degree in a relevant field is preferred
- At least eight years of experience within information technology field – 4 years at senior level
- Experience in the most current technologies and products used in the industry
- Experience in leading medium to large Full Cycle Projects
- Minimum 5 years managing IT systems, networking, and support teams