IT Engineer with DNS & F5 Load Balancer
Post Date: 07/03/2017 Job ID: 23952 Industry: Other Area(s)
Kavaliro seeks an IT Engineer with DNS & F5 Load Balancer for a contract position with our direct client in Reston VA.
The role of the technical engineer is to develop application design and/or design IT infrastructure components to meet business and technical requirements. IT infrastructure may include systems, middleware, database, storage and/or network infrastructure.
KEY JOB FUNCTIONS
- Interface, partner, and influence stakeholders to promote simplification, standardization and innovation and to ensure risk are understood and minimized
- Establish policies and standard operating procedures to enable consistent and repeatable execution
- Adhere to and propose appropriate changes, to standards, policies, and procedure based on emerging business/technology trends and operational challenges with the existing guidelines utilizing performance metric and operational SLA
- Plan for adequate capability on systems based on utilization metrics and planned projects to establish supply and demand forecasts
- Implement changes to ensure systems meet business and technical requirements and are in compliance with enterprise architecture guidelines, technology standards and methodology, and compliance and security standards
- Maintain and operate infrastructure design. It includes but not limited to monitoring, performance and capacity metrics, SLAs, resiliency and disaster recovery plans
- Define success criteria for validation of technology solution and associated changes
- Provide work guidance or technical assistance to less senior engineers as necessary
- Bachelor' s Degree or equivalent required
Must have skills and knowledge:
- F5 Knowledge in GTM (for global site to site load balancing) and LTM (for local site load balancing).
- DNS protocol experience. Knowledge of DNS delegation and the ability to integrate with major operating systems (Windows and Linux) and network products (Cisco routers and switches, etc…)
- Ability to provide support in other areas of the network infrastructure a plus (routing/switching, FW).
- Scripting ability with Python, Perl or other scripting languages a plus.