IT Project Manager
Post Date: 05/08/2017 Job ID: 23030 Industry: Other Area(s)
Lead and direct technology solutions through all phases of the project. Must be able to manage all efforts required to remain within the bounds of schedule and budget with the ultimate objective of proactively maintaining a high level of user satisfaction throughout the project. Demonstrates experience in managing projects of various sizes, complexity and types (e.g., application development, outsources services). Can execute Software Development Methodology and techniques as developed and governed by our internal Project Management office. Proactively fosters an environment of collaboration among teams and provides day-to-day direction for team resources. This includes all aspects of systems implementation from requirements gathering, analysis and design, configuration and test, through deployment and support of various system applications including developing detailed work plans, assigning responsibilities, organizing inter- and intra-departmental activities, conducting project meetings, providing project tracking details and project analysis.
The SSL to TLS uplift will require coordination among many diverse teams to ensure that all the relevant dependencies are tracked and addressed. Since these dependencies are in clients, application software, middleware as well as operating systems, the program manager will need to understand these systems sufficiently to ensure that the appropriate tasks are prioritized and implemented. Interaction with many different teams will require multi-tasking as well as sophisticated negotiation skills.
- Develop and maintain program plans
- Communicate program objectives, including detailed understanding of milestones, deliverables, and success criteria to the planning, infrastructure and applications teams.
- Establish and maintain communications with leadership, application teams, infrastructure owners and other cross-functional teams.
- Work with technical leads, infrastructure support and application owners to prioritize tasks
- Ensure that the teams are fully engaged and productive
- Enable close cooperation across all roles and functions
- Remove impediments
- Analyze planned vs. actual accomplishments and show improvement in productivity
- Escalate risks and constraints to senior management team in a timely manner.
- Identify and manage project dependencies and critical path.
- Track and report slippages with workable mitigation plans
- Communicate progress clearly to varied stakeholders
- Ensure the use of best practices
- Flexibly lead diverse and dynamic teams to deliver integrated solutions
- Facilitate problem solving with both strategic and tactical focus to achieve project goals
- Be self-directed and work independently and manage communications up and down
- A minimum of 2 years’ experience working in a technology or media organization
- A minimum of 5 years of hands-on experience managing complex information security technology integration efforts
- Understanding of information infrastructure layers and their functions
- Proven ability to handle multiple assignments and adjust priorities appropriately.
- Must be able to work effectively as an individual contributor in matrix reporting environment.
- Metric and Risk driven management skills
- Strong leadership, team management, relationship building, and interpersonal skills.
- Broad experience across business, application, information, infrastructure and security architecture domains.
- Ability to fuse and analyze information from complex, diverse data sources
- Ability to work in fast paced environment, solve complex technical problems and deliver on projects with minimal direct supervision.
- Proficient in the use of enterprise architecture, diagramming and documentation tools.
- Expert in the use of Excel spreadsheets, PowerPoint, and Web publishing tools
- Familiarity with basic security protocols and the OSI stack.
- Understanding of TLS, Middleware applications such as Tomcat and IIS as well as Operating Systems such as Windows and Redhat.
- Hands on experience with data gathering and compilation of details in a complex IT environment