IT Support Specialist
14221 Dallas Parkway DALLAS, Texas 75254
We are looking for an IT Support specialist for our direct client at Herndon, VA. The details of the requirement are given hereunder. Interested candidate may submit the resume in word format.
This position is to provide 24x7 production support for the Pricing applications, primarily those supporting Financial Reporting.
Following are some of the responsibilities for the position:
- Investigate and resolve issues related to the supported applications and systems or escalate to other teams as needed. Provide end user support for level 2 issues.
- Coordinate application configuration changes, database changes and installation of upgrades and patches in supported environments.
- Work with vendor, L3 and business teams to determine root cause of application and job execution problems.
- Coordinate with appropriate stakeholders for all production environment maintenance such as upgrades, patching and migrations.
- Perform shakeout of applications after any software or hardware changes as needed.
- Support adhoc requests from users.
- Document and update knowledge base.
Experience and working knowledge in the following:
- Linux/Unix is required
- Unix Shell scripting knowledge
- Oracle, SQL, PL/SQL knowledge
- JBoss, Weblogic, Apache are a plus
- BMC Remedy and Service Now ticketing applications are a plus
- Excellent oral, written skills