IT Support Specialist
Post Date: 05/25/2017 Job ID: 23297 Industry: Other Area(s)
Kavaliro seeks a IT Support specialist for a contract opportunity with our direct client. The support specialist will provide support to the generation of proprietary business related reporting and forecasts using a combination of custom applications, SAS modeling tools and Autosys job scheduling routines. Work closely with Business, Audit & Compliance and level 3 support teams to answer technical questions, troubleshoot problems, and support users throughout the report generation period. Deliver the final product to target audience and archive in accordance with documented retention requirements. During these activities the support member may extract data, format and run reports, or perform specific analytical functions using application or COTs tools and routines.
KEY JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Work closely with internal team members and other stakeholders oversee the monthly, quarterly and annual production of business analytic reports and forecasts.
- Attention to detail and strong time management skills.
- Interface with various Track production issues and report periodically to group charged with monitoring uptime and efficiency of production application.
- Assist with the setup and configuration of monitoring and alerting for Production applications.
- Associates Degree or Technical certification or equivalent required
- ITIL Foundation and or intermediate certifications huge plus
SPECIALIZED KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS:
- Autosys or other job scheduling tools
- UNIX command line and UNIX scripting experience
- Window O/S support experience
- Remedy, ServiceNow or other ticketing management system knowledge and experience
- Must have previous production support experience; ideally in 24x7 rotation
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Ability to participate in and lead technical discussions between stakeholders
PREFERRED KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS:
- Prior Financial Services experience
- SAS support experience- huge plus
- Reporting Tools (Business Objects, Excel, Tableu)
- Prior experience working with Business analytics production activities