Identity/Access Management Analyst
Columbia, South Carolina
Post Date: 04/26/2017 Job ID: 22877 Industry: Other Area(s)
- This position will be responsible for fulfilling service requests related to RACF (zOS, zVM), AD (users, groups and permissions) and Oracle in multiple environments. Access provisioning for external business partners will be in focus as well. The person in this position will be processing requests for various government contracts; therefore accuracy and attention to detail are extremely important. Ability to work under tight SLAs and follow up proactively to ensure the job is done is also critical. Ensure Service Level Agreements are met per customer requirements; ensure highest level of quality, customer service and communication.
- Design and configure system access rules and permissions within multiple environments to protect information resources within the enterprise. Develop and configure security system registration and provisioning tools. Ensure requests are accurately provisioned to create, modify, delete, maintain and monitor system access.
- Communicate with internal and external customers on access to various applications. Assist customers with access issues, request submissions, and other issues related to Data Security. Provide customer training as needed.
- Complete periodic reviews/audits to ensure compliance with company, state and federal regulations and to ascertain a correct security risks/violations. Work with System Security Officers and I/S area support groups to address system security issues, audits, reviews, evaluations, standards, and best practices.
- Create, run, and analyze reports from the enterprise server. May audit/analyze security reports to develop risk analysis scenarios and response procedures.
- Provide expertise and assistance on project teams with regard to data access issues. Attend meetings to discuss the design, development, implementation, and updating of comprehensive system access, security solutions and changes
- Review and implement access security features, changes, and upgrades on systems, applications, hardware, and software. Review departmental procedures and recommend changes to increase efficiency and security. Update documentation to reflect improvements and communicate those changes to the area.