Information Systems Administrator / Engineer (Mid to Senior Level)
415 N Tejon St Colorado Springs, CO 80903 US
The selected applicant will become part of an integrated contractor team as a Information System Administrator / Engineer (ISAE) supporting high-fidelity/high resolution modeling of the Missile Defense System (MDS). The ISAE will ensure the government’s desired technical direction is consistently implemented throughout a geographically distributed data center and extended sites. Some travel may be required.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Serves as System Administrator supporting secure network
- Serves as an IT technical representative to the government
- Conducts day-to-day system administration of the hardware and software for a modeling and simulation (M&S) system
- Provides hands-on system administration support, system maintenance and operations support
- Supports building, configuring, and troubleshooting software and hardware enhancements, application deployments and infrastructure upgrades
- Supports, diagnoses, and corrects computer, server and network system issues
- Provides continuous status information to ensure customer satisfaction
- Initiates customer contact, escalates to appropriate parties and resolves incidents
- Answers, evaluates, and prioritizes incoming telephone, voicemail, e-mail, and in-person requests for assistance from users experiencing technical problems
- Responds to technical issues as they arise
- Ensures consistent technical direction and understanding between government and contractor staff
- Assists in conduct of top level IT architecture trades and development
- Ensures consistent architectural IT application across the M&S products
- Ensures consistent IT processes, practices and documentation across the M&S system
- Reports IT status to government and program managers
- Performs other IT duties as assigned
- Ability to present architectural design using Microsoft Tools (Visio, Project, PowerPoint, etc.)
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited academic institution in a relevant technical discipline
- 3+ years of relevant technical experience
- Professional hands-on experience in design and implementation of the following technologies: Windows/Linux virtualization, Windows Server 2008 R2, Microsoft Active Directory and Group Policy, Red Hat Enterprise Linux, VMware, storage technologies, Host-Base Security System, Assured Compliance Solution and patch management solutions
- Candidate must have cyber security qualifications IAW DoD 8570 standards upon employment.
- Security+ or Security+ CE
- Linux+ within 6 months of starting
- Demonstrated experience with configuration management using Subversion, Concurrent Version System (CVS) or similar tools
- Experienced providing Help Desk Support/IT Support
- Experienced with cloud based computing
- Experience with machine virtualization including transitioning legacy products to virtualized products
- Assist in evaluation, development, and deployment of large IT system of systems architectures involving both hardware and software components
- Excellent oral and written communications skills
- Customer focused with a desire to ensure success
- Desire to continue to learn and grow
- Active DoD Secret Clearance minimum
Additional Desired Skill Sets:
- Demonstrated self-starter, takes initiative, can work independently with reduced supervision
- DoD or MDA Modelling & Simulation experience
- Familiarity with Missile Defense Agency (MDA) BMDS, MDA Objective Simulation Framework and/or Single Stimulation Framework, Flight Test, and Wargames & Exercise lab assets
- Experience with the DoD Risk Management Framework (RMF)
- Experience with Ansible Tower or Ansible Works to include playbook creation and deployment
- Security Certified Network Professional (SCNP)
- Microsoft Certified Systems Administrator (MCSA) Windows Server 2016
- Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer (MCSE)
- Red Hat Certified System Administrator (RHCSA)
- Red Hat Certified Engineer (RHCE)
- VMware Certified Professional
- Systems Security Certified Practitioner (SSCP)
- Global Information Assurance Certification (GIAC) Security Essentials (GSEC)
- Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP)
Security Clearance Requirements:
- Position requires that candidate possess, or be able to acquire an active TS/SCI security clearance in order to access classified information. Inability to maintain a security clearance will result in candidate being ineligible to support this position.
- 160k-175k salary
What to expect when working with Kavaliro
Just like with our clients, we build our process to meet each individual candidate s needs. Our recruiters take the time to listen to your career goals and ambitions, then work one-on-one with you to help place you in a company that provides the best professional fit.
Call us with a detailed overview of your experience, skills, background, and goals. If you are local and prefer, we will set up a face-to-face interview.
You will be asked to complete an online assessment form to assess your skill level. At the same time, your references will be checked.
Your Kavaliro recruiter will discuss and review potential job opportunities.
When you and your recruiter agree on a potential match, you ll be briefed with helpful insight into the client s needs.
When you begin your employment tenure with the client, Kavaliro will continue to be there to support you in your career.
More From Kavaliro
We ve been in the staffing business for over 10 years because we receive great satisfaction helping both companies and job candidates find their perfect match.Meet our team
Life at Kavaliro
We take culture seriously and believe true strength comes from a collaborative and open-minded environment where everyone is supported and empowered to succeed.Learn more
Careers at Kavaliro
If you want to always have your finger on the pulse of the latest and newest trends in staffing and recruiting, join the Kavaliro team!See internal opportunities
We offer guidance on resume revisions, clarifying your career objectives, and other advice to help you land your dream job.Visit our blog