Lead ITAM Specialist
Columbia, South Carolina
Post Date: 02/08/2017 Job ID: 21530 Industry: Information Technology
Supports the asset management life cycle of information technology hardware and/or software assets throughout the organization. Accountable for the management of an IT asset portfolio.
Institutionalize best practices driving standards and efficiencies specific to IT Asset Management (ITAM) functions.
Represent ITAM objectives during strategic IS functions to include planning, acquisition, operations and disposal.
Responsible for identifying and driving cost savings within the ITAM lifecycle, including asset harvesting for reuse, identification of opportunities during vendor renewals and contract negotiations, software and hardware license model reviews.
- Develop and implement policies, processes and procedures in support of ITAM objectives. Identify and integrate ITAM processes with related processes within IS, to include Cloud Orchestration System (ICOS), procurement and contract management, change management, and incident management activities.
- Lead ITAM team efforts during software vendor audits. Coordinate vendor requirements within the IS organization. Develop audit responses, and corrective action plans for internal staff throughout. Negotiate final vendor settlement. Develop and implement standardized audit approaches wherever applicable.
- Function as a subject matter expert to internal IS organizations on IS hardware and software licensing models. Providing expert knowledge of contract terms and conditions during initial and renewal negotiations with vendors. Monitor software utilization within the enterprise, ensuring compliance with vendor contract terms and conditions. Work with Vendor Management, IS Procurement and ICT
- operational staff to analyze and resolve complex licensing issues.
- Participate and contribute to budget development and budget management for IT assets. Responsible for providing budget input for IT assets for relevant organizations.
- Oversight and process creation of IT Asset Disposition (ITAD) activities. Ensuring work processes are in compliance with regulatory, government, and customer requirements. Coordinate the sale of unwanted IT assets.
Bachelors Degree Job related degree OR 4 years of IT or other job related work experience or an Associates degree and 2 years of IT Exp
Eight plus years of asset management, procurement, workstation support, or other job related work experience.
Advanced knowledge of Asset Management policies, procedures and concepts
In depth understanding of hardware/software licensing/maintenance models
Strong analytical, assessment and problem-solving skills.
Mainframe SAM experience for IBM and CA