Modeling & Simulation Specialist
Post Date: 03/21/2017 Job ID: 22279 Industry: Information Technology
Kavaliro is seeking a skilled Modeling and Simulation Specialist for the leading Central Florida client.
Required skills are as follows:
• Proficiency in constructing and running discrete-event simulation models in 2D and 3D space
• Proficiency with a discrete-event simulation software tool, such as Arena, Simio, AnyLogic, ProModel, FlexSim, Simul8, ExtendSim, SimEvents, JaamSim, etc.
• Demonstrated skill in collaborating with clients, project stakeholders and support partners to identify system design requirements
• Ability to analyze, dissect, translate, synthesize and abstract (as necessary) system design requirements and build simulation models according to those requirements
• Proficiency in mining, cleansing and analyzing data using MS Excel
• Solid foundation in advanced statistical methodologies, including, but not limited to, probability distribution-fitting, sampling theory, design of experiments, and correlation techniques
• Proficiency with a statistical software, such as R, IBM SPSS Modeler, SAS, Minitab, etc.
• Solid programming skills with demonstrated ability to use Visual Basic for Applications (VBA), Java and SQL
• Strong critical thinking and problem-solving skills
• Strong written, oral and interpersonal communication skills, with particular experience in creating clear and concise presentations and communicating results and findings in meetings with clients, project stakeholders and support partners
• Ability to prioritize and manage several projects at the same time in a highly-variable, fast-paced environment
• Highly motivated and self-directed
• 1 to 3 years of simulation-related experience, including working knowledge of and building and running discrete-event computer simulation models; or, an equivalent combination of education and experience
Preferred skills to include:
• Advanced knowledge and experience using Arena, Simio, or AnyLogic simulation software platforms
• Experience developing agent-based simulation models
• Experience with random walk and crowd simulation models
• A minimum of 3 years of simulation-related experience, including working knowledge of and building and running discrete-event computer simulation models using Arena, Simio or AnyLogic simulation software; or, an equivalent combination of education and experience
This position combines computer simulation modeling with data analytics to provide recommendations to optimize system designs that support current and future business. Specifically, the M&S Specialist will be responsible for: (1) constructing computer simulation models; (2) verifying and validating simulation models; (3) performing simulation experiments in order to predict system outcomes; and (4) providing solutions to clients and project stakeholders for designing, engineering, implementing and improving systems and services.
Responsibilities include, but not limited to:
• Work with internal clients, project stakeholders and support partners to gather system design requirements and create technical specifications
• Collect, prepare, and manipulate data into a format necessary for appropriate simulation modeling input analysis
• Construct computer simulation models using a simulation software solution based on system design requirements and technical specifications, ensuring that models are designed for flexibility to support future modeling needs and enhancements
• Perform simulation experiments and analyze, interpret and document results of modeling and simulation activities
• Present actionable feedback to clients, project stakeholders and partners for incorporation into system design decisions
• Understand and actively participate in Environmental, Health & Safety responsibilities by following established company policy, procedures, training and team member involvement activities
• Perform other duties as assigned