Netezza DBA with ETL
Post Date: 05/04/2017 Job ID: 20883 Industry: Other Area(s)
The main function of a database administrator is to coordinate changes to Netezza databases, test and implement the database applying knowledge of database management systems. A typical database administrator is responsible for planning, coordinating and implementing security measures to safeguard the computer database.
• Serve as a subject matter expertise for Netezza system and database development.
• Support application releases to modify database objects, database creation, and data migration.
• Review SQL queries and database design for performance.
• Work as part of a project team to coordinate database development and determine project scope and limitations.
• Develop standard and best practices for Netezza database. Work with application teams closely to implement the standard and best practice.
• Occasional off hours and weekend support required.
• Expert knowledge of Netezza appliance systems
• 5+ years of experiences in Netezza database administration
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills, problem solving skills, customer service and interpersonal skills.
• Ability to work independently and manage one' s time.
• Multi-tasking and organization skill.
• Experience in SDLC and Change Management process.
• Bachelor' s degree in Computer programming or relevant field required.
• 5-7 years experience required.
PS: The ideal Netezza Admin will have ETL exp. Netezza interfaces with ETL (Informatica) and BI (Tableau). Those skills are needed as well. Someone worked on Netezza, should have these skills.