Post Date: 05/12/2017 Job ID: 23137 Industry: Other Area(s)
- Understands business strategy/direction and develops, designs, implements, and supports technological solutions to facilitate business strategy execution.
- Analyzes network needs, formulates business solutions using cost justification techniques, and implements solutions.
- Responsible for the health of the entire wired/wireless network.
- Oversee all network integration requests from partners, vendors, and the parent company. Troubleshoots most complicated issues.
- Works with application teams to develop strategic application/network design.
- Troubleshoots network and communication problems related to Local Wired, Wireless, and Wide Area Networks.
- Provides support for network users, partners, and third-party vendors.
- Respond to emergency network outages.
- Configure switches and routers to support business requirements and special events.
- Perform packet sniffing and analysis to troubleshoot data, network, transport, and application level issues.
- Monitors for system bugs/vulnerabilities and defines process to address these issues.
- Leads with special projects from start to completion.
- Works with management in defining/implementing/monitoring the operational, strategic planning, and business continuity/disaster recovery solution.
- Oversee all network projects comply with our network standards and processes are being followed.
- Designs, Implements and documents network infrastructure (both logical and physical).
- Understand and actively participate in Environmental, Health & Safety responsibilities by following established policy, procedures, training and team member involvement activities.
- This position serves as the subject matter expert and is responsible for all aspects of the data network (wired/wireless).
- Provides design, installation, and configuration of all network devices.
- Provides 2nd-level support on the network infrastructure (wired/wireless).
- May lead and direct the work of others.
- A wide degree of creativity and latitude is expected. Replace non-functioning network devices within SLA’ s.
- Build/Expand network for new venues/attractions.
- Change network port assignments based on device requirements – General, Dirty, Voice, PCI, Secure, Guest, and Partner.
- Troubleshoot network communications to the application layer.
- Mentor Network Administrator and Network Engineer on technology and processes.
- Maintain network topology documentation.
- Work with partners, vendors, and the parent company to resolve network communication issues.
- Test and approve new technology to be used.
- Maintain network design up-to-date.
- Provide expertise in Layer 1-7 communication troubleshooting.
- Develop new solutions to improve network performance, reliability, and capability.
- Oversee all network implementations and changes and verifies processes are followed to prevent network outages.
- 10+ years designing/managing/supporting Cisco network infrastructure
- Strong understanding of network design and topology
- Good understanding of LAN, WAN, and WLAN protocols
- Experience troubleshooting Cisco switches, routers, wireless devices, and firewalls
- Cisco platform experience (Wi-Fi, Security, Datacenter, VoIP).
- Minimum 5 years’ experience managing large Cisco wireless environment – Including management of Cisco controllers, Cisco Prime, and MSE/CMX
- Must have experiencing supporting large scale deployments
- Experience conducting wireless surveys and assessments will be given preference.
- Strong understanding of RF.
- Experience performing large scale project coordination with multiple vendors, internal support teams, and internal users.
- Associate’ s degree (AA) required. Bachelor’ s degree or Master’ s degree preferred.
- 10+ years’ experience supporting Cisco networks (routers, switches).
- 5 – 7 years’ experience working on Cisco wireless, security, VoIP, or Datacenter; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Minimum 5 years of experience managing large Cisco networked environment – Including management of Cisco routers and switches.
- Expert level with switch configuration and router configurations.
- The ideal candidate will have experience with Security, Wireless and Data Center.
CERTIFICATIONS, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS:
Preferred: CCNP Wireless or better.