Project/Program Manager - Software Development
Post Date: 07/14/2017 Job ID: 24142 Industry: Information Technology
Kavaliro is looking for a Senior Program/Project Manager to work with our direct client in Herndon, VA. The right candidate will have at least 8+ years of experience with software development projects in a large, dynamic environment, expertise in Agile and strong SharePoint, PowerPoint and Excel skills. Experience with a large finance company is a plus.
This is an immediate need!
- IT Project Manager to oversee the project management methodology during all phases of the project cycle for software development. It is a company wide report and data application used to support vendor/customers
- Develop, track and manage project budget, project plans, timelines and scope.
- Manage project resources including procuring project staff, developing, motivating, coaching and advising.
- Partner closely with other members of functional project teams to define business requirements.
- Lead teams of developers in the delivery of high-quality software solutions that meet business needs.
- Define test plans and ensure that products are defect free before User Acceptance Testing.
- Facilitate the User Acceptance Testing process, developing rollout plans and procedures.
- Prepare and present cost-benefit analyses.
- Ensure appropriate systems development and project management processes are being utilized.
- Make presentations to steering committees or project sponsors.
- Bachelor' s degree in a technical field such as computer science, computer engineering or related field required. MBA or other related advanced degree preferred.
- PMP or PMI certification.
- 8-10 years’ experience.
- Proven project management experience.
- People management and team building skills
- Demonstrated ability to be flexible/ adaptable in exercising judgment in a changing environment and to manage competing priorities
- Proven ability to learn business processes quickly and to work well with business partners at different levels within the organization
- Strong ability to assess risk and apply management principles to technology applications/products and business functions
- Experience delivering technology and business application solutions in a large-scale, multi-platform systems environment