QA Test Engineer
Post Date: 06/05/2017 Job ID: 23416 Industry: Other Area(s)
QA Test Engineer
Summary: The QA Test Engineer will help us deliver robust products to market. The QA Test Engineer will work closely with our small engineering team to develop use cases, run tests and clearly report any bugs back to developers. Ideas from any members of the team have a direct impact on the future of the company.
Ideal candidates will be capable of scripting tests for web and mobile clients. Company expects skilled, self-starters. In exchange, employees are given flexible hours and a fun working environment.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Write test plans, cases and conditions to ensure effective test coverage
- Establish a testing process (test plans, automated scripts, test result reports, regression testing)
- Install mobile applications from APK and IPA
- Capturing logs from browsers and mobile devices
- Clearly describe how to reproduce a bug or defect
- Assist other engineers in debugging issues
- Work closely with Development and Product Management develop an applicable test approach and strategy for both specific products and product lines
- Participate in peer and external reviews
- Bachelor’ s degree in an engineering-related field or equivalent work experience
- Solid cross-group collaboration skills and have a history of working with internal partners on technical issues
- Strong analytical skills and decision-making capabilities.
- Proven verbal and written communications skills in English. Other languages are a plus.
- Demonstrated command and experience working with Test and Defect Management/Workflow tools
- Experience virtualizing tests in AWS or Sauce Labs
- Experience testing mobile applications
- Experience scripting load tests
- Previous development or system administration experience
- Experience in Scripting languages (Perl, Python, Shell, etc.), is a plus
- Strongly prefer someone who has tested “ networked” or “ communication” applications.
- This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines.
- Exposed to ambient room temperatures, lighting and traditional office equipment found in a typical office environment; quiet to moderate noise level.
- Occational maintenance and upgrades in the Dallas Data Center will be required on a as needed basis
- Occasional lifting and/or moving up to 25 pounds
- Required to walk; sit; use hands and fingers to handle or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; stoop; talk and hear
- Specific vision abilities required by the job includes close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus