Strategy and Planning
Quality Assurance Analyst - Highly Skilled
Post Date: 07/26/2017 2017-08-08 Job ID: 24307 Industry: Other Area(s)
Strategy and Planning
- Develop and establish quality assurance measures and testing standards for new applications, products, and/or enhancements to existing applications throughout their development/product lifecycle.
- Prepare and deliver reports, recommendations, or alternatives that address existing and potential trouble areas in IT systems and projects across the organization.
- Create and execute test plans and scripts that will determine optimal application performance according to specifications.
- Verify and revise quality assurance standards as needed.
- Ensure that testing activities allow applications to meet business requirements and systems goals, fulfill end-user requirements, and identify existing or potential issues.
- Collaborate with software/systems personnel in application testing, such as system, unit, regression, load, and acceptance testing methods.
- Make recommendations for improvement of applications to programmers and software developers or engineers.
- Communicate test progress, test results, and other relevant information to project stakeholders and management.
- Test any new software to ensure integration into company systems meets functional requirements, system compliance, and technical specifications.
- Analyze formal test results in order to discover and report any defects, bugs, errors, configuration issues, and interoperability flaws.
- Assist in the development of change control processes, practices, and guidelines for new and existing technologies.
- Participate in developing, distributing, and coordinating in-depth end-user reviews for modified and new systems or applications.
- Cultivate and disseminate knowledge of quality assurance best practices.
- Strong knowledge of system testing best practices and methodologies.
- Extensive experience with core software applications, including Microsoft web, client/server, eCommerce and Mobile applications.
- Direct hands-on experience with ad hoc query programs. Microsoft SQL Server, automated testing tools, and reporting software.
- Proven data analysis, data verification, and problem-solving abilities.
- Good project management skills and/or substantial exposure to project-based work structures.
- Knowledge of applicable data privacy practices and laws.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Excellent listening, presentation, and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to communicate ideas in both technical and user-friendly language.
- Able to prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
- High attention to detail.
- Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
- Plan test schedules in accordance with project scope or delivery dates; develop test plans, test procedures and test scenarios.
- Perform system, functional, interface, integration and regression testing.
- Apply analytical and problem solving skills to validate IT and business processes through careful testing.
- Collaborate with developers, business analysts and other QA analysts in application testing and defect management.
- Manage, execute and track test activities including scripts, results and quality decisions.
- Report test results, document software defects using a bug tracking system and communicate defects to software developers.
- Develop and communicate test metrics to project management, business analyst and customers.
- Flexibility in work schedule to work occasional evenings and/or weekends to meet deadlines
- Must have 3+ years of experience in Quality Assurance
- Must have an in-depth understanding of the SQA life-cycle from functional requirements gathering to the design and execution of automated and manual system level tests.
- Must have a solid understanding of the role of QA in the software development process and have proven successes.
- Must be detail oriented and have excellent problem solving skills
- Must have excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Must have the ability to work in a rapidly changing environment
- Must have experience working successfully in a collaborative, team– oriented environment
- Must have previous experience using test management and tracking tools.
- Must have an understanding of relational databases and data structures.
- Must have proficient knowledge in the Microsoft Office suite.