RPG Programmer Analyst
Farmingdale, New Jersey
Post Date: 03/27/2017 Job ID: 22437 Industry: Other Area(s)
This role functions as the Business Analyst / Lead Programmer on systems related to the Operations, Engineering and Finance functions. The position requires analysis and documentation of user requirements, analysis and documentation of procedures and implementation of solutions with a heavy focus on programming. This position involves both maintenance and support in addition to development to automate processes to improve existing iSeries.
Requirements & Qualifications:
The ideal candidate should meet the following criteria.
- Bachelor’ s degree in Computer Science and/or 6+ years of experience in the computer technology field
- Experience with IBM iSeries and relational integrated databases
- Experience with RPGLE programming language
- Experience with INFOR XA (formally MAPICS) application system
- Experience with ERP systems - Operations, Warehouse Management Systems and Financial Systems.
- Experience with ODBC and FTP accessing the IFS on the iSeries
- Experience in an Agile working environment as a Systems Business Analyst
- Experience with business analysis and testing including documentation and diagramming experience
- Demonstrated experience in building user stories, acceptance criteria and functional designs
- Experience in developing business requirements and the relationship between business and system requirements
- Experience with requirements management and test management tools to support software development activities
- Ability to develop supporting diagrams such as process diagrams and process flows
- Experience developing test scripts and release test plans
- Highly motivated and dependable with good oral, written communication skills and a quick learner, a team player also capable of working independently with an open mind, and have ability to see the business needs through system requirements for smooth integration of all projects
- Strong knowledge of Business Analyst Best Practices
- Ability to lead, coach and mentor other team members and work with cross-functional teams.