Security & Compliance Specialist
Post Date: 02/02/2017 Job ID: 21430 Industry: Other Area(s)
The Security Specialist is primarily responsible for developing solutions, and coordinating and monitoring the remediation of identified security vulnerabilities and issues.
• Drive the development of solutions, and coordinating and monitoring remediation of all security gaps coming from a variety of sources.
• Communicate known issues to all necessary stakeholders.
• Work with stakeholders across the segment, and sometimes across the enterprise, to solution and develop action plans that sufficiently address the identified risk.
• Monitor and track action plans to completion.
• Provide regular status reporting on remediation activities.
• Determine when escalation is required and then complete escalation activities.
• Prioritize work efforts based on risk.
• Four-year degree or greater in field such as Computer Science or Information Technology, or equivalent years of experience.
• Five years’ experience working in IT security.
• Domain knowledge in technical areas, such as:
o UNIX (AIX, Linux, HP-UX, Solaris)
o Encryptions standards
o Wireless Security
• Ability to understand technical vulnerabilities and recommend technical solutions to application teams
• Ability to handle confidential information
• Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
• Strong communication skills, both verbal and written, including an ability to articulate technical concepts in business terms
• CISSP or CISM certification
• Familiarity and experience with the Payment Card Industry (PCI) standards
• PMP certification
Bachelors Degree or equivalent experience