Senior Director, Advertising Operations
Post Date: 06/07/2017 Job ID: 23207 Industry: Other Area(s)
The Senior Director of Advertising Services is responsible for the timely, accurate and efficient execution of advertising commitments with multiple brands across all channels and platforms.
The position oversees brand-dedicated campaign managers, asset collectors, production coordinators and advertising operations personnel, who collectively are accountable for the accurate delivery of advertising creative across print, website, email, social media and other channels. The position collaborates frequently with brand managers across the company, as well as channel-specific departmental heads, in the pursuit of continuous improvement in processes, workflows and technologies.
· Develop a customer-first culture within the team, which prioritizes brand achievement and client success over all other internal considerations
· Serve as single point of accountability for the timely, accurate and efficient execution of advertising commitments for all brands across all channels and platforms
· Develop and maintain team structure that ensures appropriate levels of coverage, adjusting staffing responsibilities as seasonality or shifts in business demand
· Manage the corporate advertising ecosystem, with oversight and management of direct and programmatic ad networks or partnerships, as well as legacy systems that support print production
· Manage a team of ad specialists to assist in detailed inventory projections, managing client orders, responding to RFPs, managing advertising creative, billing, tracking and reporting.
· Collaborate with development team to continually improve key metrics, including viewability, latency, click-through, etc.
· Deliver accurate inventory forecasts, and support the tuning of campaigns for delivery and CTRs
· Work with both ad sales and editorial teams to ensure print issues are delivered to the printer on time with accurate creative
· Manage a team of Ad Specialists to assist Ad Sales efforts in detailed inventory projections, managing client orders, responding to RFPs, managing advertising creative, billing, tracking and reporting.
· Oversee the workflow for Ad Sales creative including obtaining materials, testing, QA, compliance, and troubleshooting standard and rich media advertising units
· Closely follow the evolution of the online advertising space and advise the business on important changes
· Trouble-shoot and resolve internal and external issues associated with ad campaigns
The Senior Manager, Advertising Operations should be experienced in the best practices, systems, and technologies involved in both print and online advertising operations. This includes print modeling, issue mapping, ad product catalogs, order management, asset collection, ad serving, forecasting site traffic, etc. Demonstrated experience working with and/or serving clients is a plus.
The successful candidate will have a proven track record of leading stable and productive teams. He or she should be energetic, flexible, creative, detail-oriented, and technically savvy; he or she should thrive in a fast-paced workplace and have solid business acumen.
The candidate should also possess:
· Minimum of bachelor’ s degree in related field
· Five years of experience spanning the execution of advertising across print and digital channels
· Proven ability of working with large amounts of data and making actionable recommendations to business partners
· Familiarity with industry standards and best practices
· Solid technical foundation with relevant experience with advertising technologies across all platforms
· Experience working with JIRA & Confluence, Salesforce CRM, Order Management Software, Ad Management Software such as Doubleclick for Publishers (DFP), BI Reporting Software such as Tableau, Adobe Creative Suite, and Print Mapping Software
· Strong customer service skills and ability to manage competing priorities
· Ability to motivate team members
· Comfort in working in a fast-paced work environment with tight deadlines
· Organizational skills and professional work habits
· Excellent attention to detail
· Commitment to continuous improvement