Senior Firewall Engineer
Post Date: 05/04/2017 Job ID: 22993 Industry: Information Technology
We are looking for a Firewall engineer for our direct client located at Manassas, VA. Interested candidate may submit the resume in word format. Qualified candidate will be contacted the next day. Secret Clearance required.
- Minimum 5 years of experience configuring and administering firewall technologies including but not limited: carrier class Checkpoint Firewalls; Barracuda Web Application Firewalls (WAF); and FireMon Security Manager.
- Has in-depth knowledge of security operations, including firewall rules and security policies.
- Strong networking ability and knowledge of firewall platforms to assist in rapid identification and isolation of issues during incidents and outages.
- Collaborates to design, plan and implement new firewall architectures, upgrades and features as necessary.
- Assist in the administration of all Information Security firewalls. Performing updates, upgrades, policy administration and validation.
- Engineer will assist in reviewing and implementing customer changes consistent with existing policies.
- Engineer will review and update documentation to ensure consistency with current procedures.
- Manage and tune additional software blades associated with firewall architecture. (IPS, URL, Application Control, AV, Advanced Malware detection).
- Regular review of Web Application Firewall (WAF) events to identify anomalous behavior.
- Willingness to work outside of normal business hours to support outage resolution, planned maintenance or to implement an upgrade.
- Perform other official duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’ s degree in computer related field plus 5 years of professional experience or equivalent work experience.
- Demonstrated experience and advanced knowledge of security systems analysis, testing, and documentation;
- Knowledge of virtual environments, network operating systems, mobile device environments, and data encryption methods;
- Demonstrated expertise in communication protocols, network operating systems, servers, firewall implementation, IPS/IDS systems, and advanced malware detection systems;
- Must be able to multi-task and work independently on moderate to complex assignments using independent professional discretion and judgment as well as transition quickly between projects with minimal supervision;
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing, with elected officials, senior staff, information systems professionals, and technical and non-technical users;
- Ability to comprehend and integrate complex computer technology and software into an effective information systems security program.
- Must have the ability to verify the solution meets the requirements;
- Unless otherwise stated, a minimum of a Secret security clearance preferred,
- Ability to maintain effective working relationships with colleagues, users, contractors, and vendors; and
- One or more of the following preferred (CISSP, GIAC, EnCE, CCE, CEH).