Senior RPG Developer
Post Date: 07/12/2017 Job ID: 24071 Industry: Information Technology
The Senior RPG Developer is to design and develop application solutions, and to provide maintenance and support services to keep the supported applications running smoothly. This role includes architecting, designing, configuring, developing, testing, integrating, implementing and supporting software programs and applications. This role also provides 24/7 on-call support as needed.
This role will research, design, document, and modify software specifications throughout the product lifecycle.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
- Microsoft Office
- Good understanding and execution of monitoring and alerting practices
- Good understanding of data integration tools and experience working with at least one tool.
- Good understanding of AS400/IBMi
- Good understanding of OS/400 and DB2
- Good experience with development tools
- Estimating work or project effort for proposed solutions.
- Excellent ability to design and develop custom integrations, data extracts and loads
- Systems and Business Analysis
- Problem Solving and Decision Making
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with non-technical staff and with members of interdisciplinary teams
- Customer Service Oriented
- Analytical Thinking
- Language Skills: Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or government regulations.
- Reasoning ability: Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form. Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw conclusions.
- Demonstrates a mature sense of urgency, ownership, can-do attitude to deliver results accurately and timely in a dynamic work environment.
- Ability to manage a high volume of detail with excellent accuracy.
- Strong track record meeting targets and objectives.
- Ability to work collaboratively with cross-functional peers.
- Database foundations for modeling, configuration and information management.
- Strong organizational and time management skills to effectively contribute to multiple projects in an efficient manner.
- Results oriented with a history of problem resolution and prevention
- Effectively handle sensitive and confidential matters
- Willingness to provide off-hour on-call support
- Minimum 5 - 7 years of work experience in an IT Design, Development and Support function
- Experience supporting BOH Financial applications in planning, execution of installations, and upgrades in support of a multi-location application.
- Experience applying technical solutions to business requirements.
- Experience with general programming/scripting languages.
- Experience with RPG programming skills
- Experience with SQL coding skills
- Experience with CL programming skills
- Preferred, experience with database foundations for modeling, configuration and information management.
- Hospitality or Entertainment industry experience desired