Senior Security Engineer
Bethesda, MD, Maryland
Post Date: 05/04/2017 Job ID: 20815 Industry: Information Technology
The Senior Security Engineer is responsible for liaising directly with infrastructure and platform developers to design and test standardized security solutions that meet stated security control objectives. Work closely with information technology teams and business stakeholders to understand goals, determine security requirements, design, and implement application and data security solutions to meet business objectives, IT strategic initiatives, corporate and regulatory requirements.
• Hands-on design, develop, integrate, and update system security solutions that provide confidentiality, integrity, availability, authentication, and non-repudiation.
• Coordinate with systems architects and developers to provide guidance in the development and integration of secure design solutions.
• Validate IT solutions collaboratively with infrastructure and application development project teams ensuring that corporate security policy, standards and industry best practices are met.
• Drive the selection, POC, implementation and operational deployment of new security technology solutions to ensure the confidentiality, integrity and availability of business data
• Develop disaster recovery and continuity of operations plans for new security systems under integration, and ensure testing prior to systems entering a production environment.
• Deploy and configure technology, partnering with IT Infrastructure teams and vendor product professional service partners.
• Act as system owner for security technologies and, working with the IT infrastructure team, ensure they remain properly maintained.
• Stay current with developing technologies, emerging threat landscape and predict impact of changing technologies.
• Must have at least 6 years’ experience including security related engineering solution, SDLC/Agile development and DevOps.
• BA/BS degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Cyber Security or a related technical field. Master’ s Degree is a plus.
• Demonstrated experience in defining security solutions for large, mission critical systems comprised of multi-tier web applications, enterprise messaging and web service based applications and batch processing.
• Knowledge of cloud deployments and associated security risks is required, an understanding of IaaS and SaaS based risks and mitigating security control solutions is essential.
• Demonstrated experience of working directly with vendors to ensure requirements can be met and familiarity with RFP/RFI processes.
• Demonstrated Java programming experience and ability to review Java code for specific characteristics.
• Demonstrated experience with building IaaS cloud based solutions including AWS, Azure, etc. including set up of their network security and identity and access management capabilities.
• Hands on experience with security technology including Firewalls, DLP, enterprise antivirus, multifactor authentication, Active Directory, ADFS, PKI with certificate lifecycle management, encryption for data at rest and in transit is required.
• Candidate must have demonstrated experience with Windows, Linux, Red Hat, etc. hosts, operating systems
• Familiarity with security aspects of databases and middleware including MS SQL, Oracle, Tibco EMS.
• Familiarity with network security techniques including virtual networking, IP routing, micro-segmentation using subnets and vlans, firewall-based network ACLs.
• Knowledge of cloud solution orchestration tools including Chef, Puppet and scripting tools like Python, Perl.
• Excellent interpersonal skills, presentation skills, and verbal / written communication skills
• Self-starter; adaptable to change; motivated to set personal and program goals and proactively track performance against goals and initiatives
• Ability to influence peers and management; ability to team cross-functionally and form relationships to achieve objectives
• Familiarity with information security policies, standards, industry best practices, and frameworks is desirable (ISO 27K, NIST 800-53, FISMA, etc.)
- CISSP, CISM Certification