Sr Business Analyst with Fixed Income
Washington, District Of Columbia
Post Date: 04/25/2017 Job ID: 22863 Industry: Other Area(s)
Kavaliro is seeking a Sr Business Analyst for our direct client in Washington, DC. The analyst is responsible for leading the functional requirements gathering team. The candidate works directly with internal customers to understand the business environment and needs. Identifies relevant design, process and specification issue. Candidate needs to participate in system test and UAT with hands-on experience of test automation tool.
Skills & Responsibilities:
- Perform business analysis in Asset, Debts and Derivative valuation; write business and functional requirements;
- Work with other work streams to develop business requirements as regards to securitization and other Capital Markets initiatives;
- Good understanding of fixed-income pricing concepts (Securities, Loans, Debt and Derivatives), securitization, financial modeling, and also possess experience with
documenting business requirements and testing results;
- Take a proactive approach to understanding the functionality of debt and derivative pricing systems with minimal guidance from business users and technology leads;
- Coordinate UAT testing efforts across technology, quality assurance and business teams; participate in test planning and execution; update automated test scripts
and validate result;
- Use SQL and/or other database tools and Excel to analyze data and provide reports;
- Coordinate and lead end-to-end integration testing with other work streams;
- Assist the project manager to provide status reports, and work with other team members on other ad-hoc requests and/or assets pricing.
- Strong Excel and data analysis skills;
- Participate in system test and UAT with hands-on experience of test automation tool.
- Ensure that the user acceptance testing of the pricing systems complies with the Company' s software development life cycle (SDLC) and SOX guidelines.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills; be able to convert the business requirements into clear and detailed functional requirements for the development team to code; be able to coordinate meetings with other teams effectively
- Asset Mark To Market (Internal Application for Capital Markets Pricing)
- Quality Center/HP ALM
- Rational RequisitePro/DOORS
- Oracle SQL Tool
- QTP or UFT
Preferred skills, but not required:
- VBA, XML, UNIX and scripting experience is a plus
- QTP or UFT is a plus
- Have experience with high volume of data manipulation; comparing and analyzing of these data
- Years of relevant experience:
- 3+ Years of experience
- Prefer to have security and loan valuation knowledge