Sr SAS Developer
Washington DC, District Of Columbia
Kavaliro seeks a Senior SAS developer for a contract position with our direct client in Washington, DC.
- Looking for a Senior/Lead Developer to work on Agile based projects for Revenue Forecast calculating financial statements for key Credit Risk Business Areas.
- The position requires SAS programming experience to provide SAS automation of existing Excel based manual process.
- SAS will be used to calculate income statement forecast and providing various output formats like Excel or CSV.
- Experience with SAS, SAS/Macros, and SAS/ODS, reporting capability and connectivity with Oracle.
- The SAS application will also be connecting with an Oracle Data Mart using SAS/SQL, SAS/Assist, SAS/Connect, SAS/Access, and SAS ETL.
- SAS program in EXCEL (using VBA) to provide a user interface.
- SAS Program in Python to provide UNIX command line access to a future Web Based User Interface
- Work with Business users and analysts to understand the business requirements and process and independently provide appropriate solution.
- Looking for Team player who can effectively work with a cross functioning team (analyst, development, testing, and production support)
- Provide technical guidance or consultation to less senior staff. Share knowledge and experience with other team members. Train or mentor users based on their needs.
• Bachelor' s Degree or equivalent required
• Master' s degree in Computer Science, Math, Economics or other quantitative discipline preferred
- Require a strong understanding of numerical and statistical techniques
- Familiarity with Software Engineering techniques such as using Object Oriented language such as Java, C++, and Python preferred.
- Experience with UNIX and LINUX Scripting (ksh), GIT/Subversion/ Clearcase/ClearQuest, Excel are required.
- Knowledge of compute-intensive analytics and technical computing workload solutions.
- Proven leadership experience preferred to self-direct and collaborate with others to complete complex requirements to achieve business objectives
- Must be a self-starter and motivated to learn new techniques, skills, and knowledge required by his or her duties and responsibilities in required timeframe.
- Must have desire to learn the business domain
- Proactive, creative problem solver with strong analytical skills. Must be able to define problem space as well as potential solutions.
- Must be able to work independently and create own work plans to follow-up and accomplish unstructured tasks.
- Requires effective multi-tasking skills to meet dynamic, simultaneous, business and project needs in a timely manner
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in a collaborative environment.
- Experience in the financial services industry, especially a background in risk management or home price forecasting or estimation, is a plus.