Sr. Analyst, Web-Digital Analytics
Post Date: 02/02/2017 Job ID: 21420 Industry: Other Area(s)
JOB SUMMARY: The Sr. Web Analyst is responsible for gathering, structuring, and analyzing data to derive compelling insights that drive the optimization of our online marketing initiatives. This includes the design and management of web analytics tracking systems to ascertain behavioral response to marketing initiatives and the effect on online conversion (including sales and data collection). This also includes utilizing insights to effectively optimize online content and strategically target customers on direct and indirect channels. Provide insightful recommendations, and communicates these effectively with the various stakeholders and among cross-functional teams.
Create, manage and distribute critical marketing reports and ad-hoc requests. Develop, maintain and troubleshoot integrated systems for collecting, managing and reporting on web analytics and online sales metrics using relational databases and reporting technologies including our online analytic tools and traditional reporting/analysis platforms (Tools include: Adobe/Omniture Digital Marketing Suite, SQL, Excel, and Access).
Responsible for transforming raw data into actionable insights that ensure cross-departmental marketing efforts that are effectively driving incremental online sales and attendance. Develop A/B and multivariate testing strategies to improve the customer experience online and increase revenue generated per user to the website. Implement and analyze these tests using Adobe Target & Audience Manager. Develop internal search KPIs and success benchmarks. Use data-driven analysis to increase revenue generated per internal search, finding the optimal content per search.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Strategically develop and implement web analytics code to enable tracking of online properties. Ensure relevant traffic and key performance metrics are captured in order to provide actionable insights. Directly implement code when possible and manage web production/IT implementation on more sophisticated tracking. Document all data standards and processes as appropriate. 15%
• Analyze website data on traffic sources and patterns, order volume, conversion funnel, navigation behavior, and product selection. Work on stakeholder-specific analysis including campaign analysis, customer segmentation and profiling. Identify successes, trends, and potential problem areas. Provide insight on data trends and anomalies, making recommendations where appropriate to improve business performance. 30%
• Develop and implement processes and procedures to regularly test and improve online creative content (including web pages, micro-sites, advertising copy, etc) products (including ticket packages, vacation packages, special offers, etc) and guest targeting through testing processes such as A/B & multivariate and utilizing the Adobe Marketing Suite tools (such as Adobe Target and Audience Manager). Drive internal search strategy, pushing the right segment of visitors to optimal content, whether that is engagement focused or high purchase-predicting. 20%
• Lead the creation, management and distribution of data and insights via regular and ad-hoc reporting and requests including statistical calculations, graphical representation and written analysis utilizing online analytic tools (Adobe/Omniture Digital Marketing Suite: SiteCatalyst, ReportBuilder, Ad Hoc Analysis) and traditional reporting/analysis platforms (SQL, Excel, and Access). 20%
• Provide operational administration of our web analytics platform based on Adobe/Omniture SiteCatalyst. Serve as primary technical liaison with Omniture and lead end-user training. Maintain page tagging standards and build business processes to streamline tag deployment across web properties. 15%
• Understand and actively participate in Environmental, Health & Safety responsibilities by following established policy, procedures, training and team member involvement activities.
• Perform other duties as assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or abilities (KSAs) required.
• Demonstrated ability to work independently in a deadline oriented environment;
• Demonstrated experience in troubleshooting and resolving problems;
• Ability to quickly learn new technologies, applications and processes;
• Demonstrated ability to work directly with internal departments towards issue resolution/project release;
• Advanced Microsoft Excel skills required
• Ability to evaluate quantitative data sets and determine “ big picture” implications required.
• Excellent analytical skills required.
• Experience in troubleshooting and resolving problems;
• Previous experience with marketing, media and customer segmentation strategy required.
• Ability to handle multiple projects required.
• Desire to work in a fast paced environment required;
• Proficiency communicating research results in written, visual and verbal form required.
Analytical Thinking Flexibility
Word Processing Microsoft Office
Electronic Mail Spreadsheet
Computer Operations IBM PC Software
Microsoft Windows Sales and Marketing
Communicate Clearly with Team Computer Literacy
Marketing Strategies Organizational Skills
Conduct Presentations Financial Analysis
Writing Structured Query Language (SQL)
Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Consistent attendance is a job requirement.
EDUCATION: Bachelor’ s degree from a four year college or university in: Marketing, Economics, Statistics, Business Administration or related (or combination of non-business Bachelor' s and Master' s in Business) required. MBA preferred.
ADDITIONAL INFORMATION: This position provides support spanning the entire Marketing & Sales organization. It involves a significant amount of cross-department collaboration to identify business goals and translate to tracking methodology and analysis of results.