Sr. Business Systems Analyst
Columbia, South Carolina
Post Date: 02/28/2017 Job ID: 21979 Industry: Other Area(s)
- Elicit and document user requirements to meet a business objective. Sets customer expectations on feasibility. Identify and validate requirements and organize the information into a logical document using business analysis models that are understood by the customer and Information Systems.
- Act as the Subject Matter Expert for one or more lines of business on various projects. Mentor less experienced business systems analysts.
- Ensure understanding of why the business solution was chosen and guide both technical and customer departments in the development of the systems.
- Facilitate the transfer of knowledge about the " big picture" direction of the business units to others who support them. Provide guidance to less experienced team members so they can transfer this knowledge to technical departments.
- Ensure the accurate deployment of solutions through review of problem logs, assisting with test plans and test matrices, and other analysis activities.
Professional Skills/Knowledge Required:
Business Systems Analyst Skills:
• Strong leadership skills including the ability to guide our customer and technical teams to ensure the business need is understood, documented, and communicated and the solution delivered meets the need.
• Ability to elicit and document user requirements to meet a business objective while setting customer expectations on feasibility.
• Ability to communicate effectively with technical and non-technical audiences. Must be able to communicate complex technical and business concepts to a wide audience of management, peers and/or business units. Must be able to guide discussions between customer areas on topics like:
a. Business flows
b. Data and Field mapping
c. Use Case development
d. Screen flows
e. Screen attributes
• Strong teamwork and interpersonal skills.
• Strong analytical and conceptual skills.
• Ability to determine acceptance criteria, support test plans and test matrices, perform defect triage and resolution to ensure the solution meets the business requirement.
• Strong presentation skills.
• Knowledge of Waterfall project lifecycle methodology