Sr. Security & Compliance Specialist
Post Date: 02/03/2017 Job ID: 21462
The Senior Security and Compliance Specialist will provide security consulting to ensure projects, existing systems and third party service providers have the appropriate level of security, privacy, and compliance controls. They will coordinate periodic security assessments, assist in the development of remediation plans for identified findings or coordinate the security exception process (when needed). They will provide periodic review and feedback for all new and existing security standards. The Specialist is also expected to educate our partners and customers to ensure security and compliance is something that everyone values and supports.
• Evaluate application compliance with information security policies and standards and prepare appropriate documentation.
• Evaluate third party service provider compliance with information security policies and standards and prepare appropriate documentation.
• Provide oversight of security remediation projects ensuring timely completion and validation of completion.
• Work closely with business partners, key stakeholders, and internal departments to evaluate current and future security and compliance strategies.
• Execute security strategies, evaluating efforts to ensure the effectiveness and efficiency of the organization' s IT Controls.
• Contribute in developing an execution plan to implement short and long term security goals.
• Stay informed about information security trends, directions, and technologies in the technology industry.
• Monitor industry trends and identify best practices and/or methodologies to implement in-house.
• Experience with security assessment methods and penetration testing techniques.
• Demonstrated experience in identifying risk and development of mitigation plans.
• Demonstrated experience in a security program for a large and complex organization.
• Knowledge of security related legislation/regulations with emphasis on PCI, PII and EU Data Privacy.
• Demonstrated problem solving skills with an ability to develop creative alternatives to complex problems, as well as, continuous improvement process skills
• Demonstrated ability to handle confidential information.
• Ability to establish credibility and working relationships with a wide range of personnel, including operations, management, executive, and legal staff.
• Demonstrated professional written, verbal, and presentation communications skills.
• Solid understating of project management principles.
• Proven ability to work effectively in a fast-paced environment as part of a high performance team.
• Bachelor' s degree or equivalent experience in Computer Science, Management Information Systems, or related field.
• Security accreditation (i.e., CISSP, GCIH, or CISM) plus at least eight years of related IT experience.
• Experience working for a public company.
• Experience working in a multi-national and multicultural environment.
• Ability to be flexible with work schedule and travel requirements.
• Demonstrated strong organizational and time management skills.
Preferred: Master’ s Degree
Required: Bachelor’ s Degree