Sr. Software Tester
Post Date: 06/05/2017 Job ID: 23426 Industry: Other Area(s)
Kavaliro seeks a Senior software tester for a contract opportunity with our direct client. The tester analyzes functional business requirements to design, document, and implement test plans for application releases. The focus of this position will be on development, review, analysis, and coordination of the test plans, test scripts, and actual testing of internally developed software system. Ensure alignment of testing strategy with the project’ s quality goals and resource limits.
- Development of test plan and test cases and executing of such test cases.
- Reporting/tracking defects
- Co-ordinate with developers towards resolution of outstanding issues/defects.
- Work with requirements analyst to get a good understanding of functionality.
- Update project manager on status/issues.
- Work with multiple projects in parallel.
- Software testing experience related to complex, large scale business applications.
- Experience in testing applications in an iterative development lifecycle.
- Good understanding of SDLC and related documentation and artifacts.
- Development and execution of test plans.
- Identification and documentation of test cases for multi-component systems. Exposure to use-case based requirements desirable.
- Execution/analysis of test cases and documentation of software defects
- Experience/knowledge of:
- Functional testing (Black and white box testing)
- Regression testing
- Familiar with SQL to query Oracle database to check/compare process inputs/outputs.
- Development of detailed documentation of test results
- Development of regression testing framework
- Familiarity with tools such as
- UFT (QuickTest Professional)
- Creating test scripts, reporting, tracking and reporting defects.
- UNIX experience.
- General background in finance including at least a basic understanding of fixed-income financial concepts and accounting.
- Mastery of software tools, platforms, processes, and languages such as XML.
- Demonstrated problem solving, design and technical leadership skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Bachelor’ s Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics, Finance or a related field.
- Experience Testing Projects large scale
- Data base Experience (Preferred)
- Financial Data (Preferred)