Sr. Systems Engineer/Administrator with PowerShell/DSC experience
Post Date: 04/21/2017 Job ID: 22839 Industry: Information Technology
Kavaliro is looking for a Senior Systems Engineer/Administrator with Powershell and DSC (Desired State Configuration) experience. This position is with our direct client in Reston, VA and is an IMMEDIATE need!
Senior Systems Engineer/Administrator with Powershell and DSC
- Systems engineering /administration and SCRUM or CanBan
- Virtualization/ network and security
- Python / Powershell / DSC (Desired State Configuration)
- WaaS (Windows as a Service)
- Systems Engineering and Administration
- Virtualization Technologies/Network/Security Engineering/Administration
- 4 or more years of systems design, engineering, and administrative experience.
- Experience with Microsoft Windows/macOS/SUSE
- Experience with Virtualization Technologies primarily Xen – VMWare and vSphere desired
- Experience in cloud computing markets and integrations (AWS, Azure, DO and related)
- Experience with scripting languages (Phython, PowerShell [DSC preferred], etc)
- Experience working with Agile methodologies – Scrum/Kanban
- Function as a Subject Matter Expert for OSD (operating system deployment) & Windows as a Service (Windows 10 WaaS).
- Maintain security and networks. This will include firewall, antivirus / antimalware, VPN management, host and network IPS
- Review, evaluate, design, document, implement, and maintain key systems, networking, and storage infrastructure
- Perform daily ticket queue monitoring and incident resolution as the last and level 3 technical escalation path
- Must work with established Agile methodologies – Scrum (JIRA/Confluence/etc.)
- Perform tasks outside of regular business hours as required.
Desired skills and experience:
Systems infrastructure (SCCM/CM, DNS, web application servers, ticketing, source control, Zscaler cloud proxy), SQL and MySQL, bulk data transfer and storage management, clustering and high availability, security management and authentication, and various mobile device services.
Experience in application interaction with operating systems, including the Windows registry, COM object registration, system/user variables and user-centric data related to application settings
Experience designing and implementing Persona Management Solutions using RES Workspace Manager, AppSense, etc.
Configuration of Patch Management using Configuration Manager 2012 R2 and Microsoft WSUS
Continued creation and maintenance of Operating System Deployment (OSD) task sequences with CM (Configuration Manager), MDT (Microsoft Deployment Toolkit), and OMS (Operations Management Suite)