Sr. Systems Support Administrator
Columbia, South Carolina
Post Date: 02/22/2017 Job ID: 21878 Industry: Other Area(s)
DAILY JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
Primary responsibility is to provide on-site support for our Production and Test Batch Cycles. This includes monitoring jobs, resolving abends, engaging application on-call staff when necessary, communication of status to management, and escalating as necessary to ensure issues are addressed in a timely manner.
There are also additional responsibilities related to triage of Non-host issues and production validation checks to ensure high profile applications are functional and available for customer use.
- Perform/Support installation, configuration, administration, implementation, scheduling and/or tuning/modification of applications. Provide support for moderate to complex system/production performance concerns. Collaborate with various internal groups and external vendors to ensure all specifications are met and problems are resolved as they arise.
- Assist in analysis of problems/issues. Perform corrective actions whenever possible to fix applications that end abnormally and/or notify technical support for resolution. Communicate with applications on-call persons to repair applications that ended abnormally. Consult with senior level peers on projects of greater complexity.
- Evaluate system performance in real-time as well as via reports for release related issues. Monitor and report on scheduled batch and online applications for successful/unsuccessful execution. Review all abnormal results/issues to production processing from previous cycles and verify that they have been logged/resolved. May run necessary system backups.
- Verify Production and Test environments are up and functioning properly. Perform testing responsibilities as need. Review and/or create documentation for accuracy, future problems, and company standards.
- Participate in work sessions and walk throughs for quality and production implementations, releases, data conversion projects and/or disaster recovery exercises. Attend implementation meetings to determine impact to system availability and assignment of team resources for these implementations.
- Look for improvement opportunities in the cycles and in procedures. May create new programs to automate the release process where possible. Assist and provide recommendations in applications enhancement projects."