Sr. Window System Administrator
Pasadena Pasadena, California 91101
Kavaliro is seeking a Sr. Window System Administrator to support our world-class computing infrastructure. This is an important role for our business and presents an opportunity to implement and optimize the latest hardware and software solutions.
Key Job Functions
• Implement and support infrastructure solutions in sophisticated, high-performance trading environments that demand stability, tremendous throughput and low latency
• Support systems deployment, configuration management and application installations
• Bachelor' s degree in engineering or related field
Specialized Knowledge & Skills
• The successful candidate must have an in depth knowledge of current Windows information technology systems, infrastructures, and technologies.
• Candidate must also have significant technical background, experience and familiarity with Windows servers: Design, Configuration, and Administration of Windows 2008r2 or 2012 r2.
• Also possess strong knowledge of Active Directory and GPO management experience.
• Ability to work independently with some guidance from supervisor/manager
• Strong analytical skills; Able to assess and solve issues in a high-pressure environment.
• Able to work effectively with other groups and teams.
• Strong knowledge of supporting MS tools (SCCM, SCOM, MDT, DNS, networking, storage, clustering).
• Scripting and/or programming (Power Shell, VB Script or other)
• Configure, maintain, monitor, and troubleshoot windows software deployment
• Reviewing service related reports such as backups; maintenance; and monitoring on a daily basis
• Participate in researching solutions to various business and technical problems; evaluate alternatives; and provide recommendations
• Establishing and performing maintenance plan activities
• Provide Tier 3 support for customers and technical staff
• Performance analysis, tuning and optimization on various hardware platforms
• Experience with VoIP communications systems.
• Work as technical liaison between liaison between management, employees, vendors, support, and consultants.
• Windows certifications, such as those provided by Microsoft, desired
• Ability to troubleshoot and repair complex technical problems with team members, customers, and vendors quickly and effectively
• Process-oriented team player with excellent communications skills