Technical Specialist, Hadoop
Post Date: 07/22/2017 2017-09-14 Job ID: 23874 Industry: Other Area(s)
- Monitor and maintain all the data platform and analytical processes.
- Ensure all system issues are resolved in a timely manner.
- Leverage standard Issue, Problem and Change Management ITIL toolset in tracking and providing status on support work activities.
- Coordinate the necessary operations documentation and standards required for compliance and identified best practices.
- Perform all software upgrades and patching partnering with the necessary Infrastructure teams. Provide work estimates as needed.
- Facilitate and lead meetings with end users.
- Keeps management, team members and business stakeholders informed of critical issues, status, changes, etc.
- Bachelor’ s degree - Technical degree or highly relevant equivalent experience is required.
- 7+ years of demonstrated experience working as part of large Information Technology teams and/or consulting organizations partnering with clients/business groups to support complex analytical and business intelligence environment.
- Proven technical expertise with Hadoop – Hortonworks – Apache and its corresponding tools a must. Certification a plus. (offshore)
- Proven technical expertise with Linux (and code base of Python or Java) and an interest in moving into the Big Data Space.
- Demonstrated ability to produce high quality technical documentation.
- Strong knowledge of systems development and project management Agile methodologies/processes.
- Familiarity with other various platforms and databases (i.e. SQL Server). Able to write complex SQL and leverage backend databases.
- Participate in an on-call rotation and available to work off-hours and weekends.
- A plus if experience with other tools listed above like Paxata, Tableau, SPSS, R, Python, CPlex, PCI, Planning Analytics, DB2 Blu, Linux
- Strong interpersonal skills, with a demonstrated ability to make effective decisions while working through complex system issues.
- Must be able to utilize and effectively communicate functional and technical components of an initiative to applicable parties both verbally and through documentation.
- Attention to detail, good analytical and problem solving skills and critical thinking
- Self-starter/motivator and have a proactive, agile and strategic mindset.